Yet another failure

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: Yet another failure

Post by Leif »

I had CarPlay crash a lot when using Amazon Basics and Maplin brand cables. I almost never have issues with the Apple ones. I just wish Apple did ones shorter than 1m. It’s odd as the data rate is USB 2 class, not USB 3.
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

Apple do a 50cm one, it's a great size for in car, link below;

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/M ... m?fnode=97
DaveNI1979
New
Drives: 2018 Beats TSI 95ps

Post by DaveNI1979 »

Cadwest wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:36 am Dave my current Volvo info system started crashing and rebooting every 30 minutes or so and although Volvo had never come across it before it turned out the Bluetooth on my phone had become corrupted. I bought a new phone and everything was good again so before it goes back to your dealers try it with no phone connected to see if the screen still shuts down. If that works try connecting another phone if you have one and take it from there, at least you can tell the dealer what you’ve tried.
I'll try that. I have 3 phones paired at the minute, will delete them and pair my phone again on its own. I have a feeling it's something like that because it is more noticeable when I have phone plugged in on the charger. Infact I think it hasn't glitched when phone has been in my pocket. Lead Im using is the supplied vw micro USB for androids. When everything is working I have to say the car is perfect, driving especially which is the main thing I guess. When I brought the car to the dealers to get them to look at it my phone was on me and they couldn't repeat the fault so yeah I have I feeling it's phone related. Thanks. Sorry for big paragraph typing on phone.