Polo GTi+ Vers Golf GTi

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Swanee
New
Drives: 2018 GTi+

Polo GTi+ Vers Golf GTi

Post by Swanee »

You might have read about my problems with delivery on my VW taking the p*ss post. After contacting VW's MD directly, she got executive office on the case, they fast tracked my car and so I could go on the booked holiday, hired me a Golf GTi.
So.....I've just come back from driving brand new, (420miles when I got it), Golf around France and picked up the new GTi+ this morning.
I didn't like the golf much, there's a lot of v bad design; brake pedal annoyingly high, start stop button completely out of sight, ACC just weird! Did some very odd panic braking for no reason, then ceased working. Asked me to turn engine off and back on which fixed it but...doh!!
The Golf is big and heavy and fast in a straight line it is but the Golf would leave it for dead on hairpin Pyrenees roads. I did about 1850 miles in it...boring!!
The Polo is probably the most perfect car I've owned. Already doing a hair off 40mpg on a crap first drive through heavy traffic. All the buttons, controls...perfect. Seat and comfort... perfect. No stick up brake pedal! Suspension and steering alive. Engine note...pleasant non intrusive. Much bigger boot. Oh and £50 cheaper to insure!!! Car hifi better, (I'm a record producer). 2 USB sockets the right way up. Sat nav... blooming excellent with 3 yrs free updates. Nearly forgot, gear ratios and gear box better in Polo. A lot of big jumps in the Golf. I can't fault it hard as I might try. Very very recommended 🙂
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Polo GTi+ Vers Golf GTi

Post by Cadwest »

Thanks for the feedback Swanee, interesting that you were able to give the golf gti a good try out and then straight into the polo gti.
Swanee
New
Drives: 2018 GTi+

Re: Polo GTi+ Vers Golf GTi

Post by Swanee »

I'm a very lucky guy. When I cdn't get a Polo I was on verge of buying Golf. Definitely not for me!