Can I have some advice please

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Re: Can I have some advice please

Post by stevereeves »

I'm a curious individual and tend to ask a lot questions and find peeps who are enthusiastic about their subject are happy to pass on info, advice, etc. Folk do tend to join and leave forums (fora ?). Speaking personally I always reply with "it worked, it didn't work, I did this, didn't do that, thanks", etc as it's good form to let folk know the outcome of whatever you have enquired about when they have been kind enough to pass on their experiences to help others....
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes exactly, it really annoys me when someone appears asks a few questions ie asking for help, gets some help then vanishes without closing off their thread by saying how things panned out.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

RUM4MO wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:46 am Yes exactly, it really annoys me when someone appears asks a few questions ie asking for help, gets some help then vanishes without closing off their thread by saying how things panned out.
+1 to that RUM4MO. It costs nothing to acknowledge the help given by others, and to provide an update on the outcome for the benefit of other forum members.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Something else that's annoying, in one of the other posts, I replied to a question about DSG box, I told him what my mate told me who has a 2016 GTI with a DSG box, and what to expect when my Polo turns up :lol: . I put down what I knew, then he comes back "with respect, I'd rather have somebody with a DSG box tell me, not some information passed on from a mate who's got an older Polo. I'm a retired engineer and my mate with the Polo GTI with DSG gearbox, is also a retired engineer. And he thinks somebody who has a new Polo with a DSG gearbox, who could work as a labourer and actually knows sweet FA about cars, can give him the exact workings of a DSG gearbox :evil:

I really hope this member reads this post, He didn't think the foot brake disengaged the clutches, and he thought there was only one clutch :lol:
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

silverhairs wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:22 am Something else that's annoying, in one of the other posts, I replied to a question about DSG box, I told him what my mate told me who has a 2016 GTI with a DSG box, and what to expect when my Polo turns up :lol: . I put down what I knew, then he comes back "with respect, I'd rather have somebody with a DSG box tell me, not some information passed on from a mate who's got an older Polo. I'm a retired engineer and my mate with the Polo GTI with DSG gearbox, is also a retired engineer. And he thinks somebody who has a new Polo with a DSG gearbox, who could work as a labourer and actually knows sweet FA about cars, can give him the exact workings of a DSG gearbox :evil:

I really hope this member reads this post, He didn't think the foot brake disengaged the clutches, and he thought there was only one clutch :lol:
I did think that was a very strange comment when you were only trying to help....
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Thanks "Dan34, you try and help somebody, and they slap you in the face. In that post after the putdown, I found two sites, 1. explained how the DSG box works and 2. how the foot brake disengages the clutch. If he does look at both sites, he will be much the wiser.
I found another site run by VW and it was how to use the DSG box for people who had not driven one before. OK for someone who might be waiting for their Polo DSG to turn up.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

I don’t think it was as big a put down as you have made it to be. I understand that this is quite a big deal to you but he may think that the DSG boxes in the new Polos work differently from all other DSG boxes... in which case he is wrong as you have aptly pointed out in various posts.