Can I have some advice please

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Can I have some advice please

Post by Kittycat »

Hello
I ordered a Polo R line back in April in limestone grey 95ps
I wasn’t originally aware the factory closed during summer but eventually acknowledged that I would hopefully see my car around October/ November
My husband has been looking at Golfs so I’ve been along to our local dealer and spotted a Limestone grey golf, if I’m honest I had a slight change of heart on the colour when I spoke to the sales guy at this garage he was like no limestone won’t go with the wheels you have ordered and from then on I realised I should have ordered flash Red.
So I call up the dealer I’ve order my polo from because I have no build date and the factory is closed I ask my dealer if I can change colour and while I’m at it the engine from 95 to 115
Yes no problem and I’m the process my payments work out cheaper....win win
Anyway to cut a long story short notice my order hasn’t updated
Call Vw and dealer has put in a new order
Story is that system wouldn’t amend old one
Vw tell me reason they couldn’t is because the orginal order is away to be build after factory re opens and the red one is a brand new order which I’ll have to wait another 35 weeks for
I am demented with this whole thing and never experienced such problems ordering a new car
My question really is is there anything VW can do since the dealer has re ordered and didn’t tell me I couldn’t change due to I’d have to wait months again
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Can I have some advice please

Post by RUM4MO »

I think the situation is, all the component parts and assemblies will have now been preloaded into the supplier systems that allow parts to appear “just in time” for the production restart after the factory reopens.
Now you might not ever have been involved in manufacturing industries but that is the way they need to run, most parts are ordered in from outside suppliers and they will also have lead times from their suppliers, just the way things work in a modern society.
Your original car will still be build as to your requirements but will now be free to get offered to anyone that wants or will accept that spec for a quicker delivery.
pologtikid
New
Drives: Polo GTI on order

Post by pologtikid »

Guy I need some advice as well

Placed an order for a polo gti about 2 months ago and the order still shows as with the factory as in no build date

I've asked to change the colour of the car not to change the model as the colour 9s an option this can result in a new order can it ??

I called the dealer and was told they will have to check as the price on the vehical will have been locked and this may have changed ....I'm guessing because is a new quarter?? Has the price changed ?

So I've sent 2 emails to the dealer saying that I can't see an update on the app regarding the change in colour..and I've had no reply ...... don't find them very helpful ...
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

I assumed that as I had no build date that to change colour wouldn’t be such a big issue
I am now sitting here stressing and debating my decision do I just go back to my original order of Limestone grey 95ps with bonnieville wheels so that I get it for October ish
Or continue with the red one my dealer has newly ordered that’s 115ps and wait longer
Like I’ve said my dealer is telling me they think the car will be here for October also but VW are telling me that’s not possible
What colour looks better
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

I'm guessing quite a bit here, but, I think that VW or maybe the whole VW Group have found themselves in a rather unique situation right now, due to the late testing of new cars etc and maybe made worse by all RHD Polos moving to being built in South Africa, and that has lead to the normal timing and flow of cars through their systems to have bottle necked at pre-build state. In normal situations they might have been a bit more responsive/flexible to late changes in spec, but it seems that they have just kept taking in orders for new RHD Polos so have a huge back log of stacked orders, so if maybe the usual %age of people made late changes this would cause them serious extra work rippling all the way back through to their suppliers and suppliers suppliers, so they have chosen to "sit it out".

It is a mess in no doubt and as UK VW dealers only have a single source for these cars, they have no choice unless there is another brand they could pick up - but with general contraction of the car dealerships I'd think that that is not an option.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

When I ordered my car in late January, I was confident I had the spec I wanted. By early March my spec was "locked down" according to the VW dealer. If I had wanted to change any part of the spec I would have had to order again and gone to the back of the que. I probably would not have my car now. To be honest the long wait did have me questioning the spec that I had put together. by end of April I was thinking should I have gone for the manual 6 speed? or the Blue colour, or LEDs or add the Sunroof and do away with park assist? I had such a loss of confidence in the spec I ordered. Not being able to change it was a good thing because I would have.

As it is I have my car its DSG and im getting used to it. Its flat basic grey and it mostly looks black, Im getting used to park assist.

It is taking me 800miles of driving but I am starting to really like the car. suddenly im getting 55mpg on an 11 mile run, cant ait to see what I get on a 3hr motorway trip to my sons, I hoping it pushes the 60MPG level. I have driven it a night on Dorset country lanes and the standard headlights are bright enough as they are. The fog lights are great (sea mist last night). I have had 2 issues with the car, one was self inflicted and was resolved by VW assist quickly and efficiently, the other is ongoing, It rained a little bit the other day and the front wipers were juddering badly, I have since cleaned to windscreen and made sure the wiper blades are perpendicular to the windscreen. I then used rainx I think its called. Its not rained since but did a screen wash and they did not judder, so ere hoping. other than that it starts every time, everything works every time.

Starting to love the car
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd expect the lack of rain will mess up everyone's wiper rubbers performance, still we should not complain about that, up here I think that last proper summer we had was in 1976!

I was on a 25 mile trip today and failed to get 60+MPG, absolutely devastated - I put that down to me pressing on too much, but that is with an older (2015) 1.2TSI 110PS Polo 6MT. (no A/C being used - I was not too hot!)

Edit:- completely off topic, but, I was returning from delivering my wife to the VW garage to collect her Polo after some warranty work being carried out, so was driving my 2011 Audi S4 - again too tight to use the A/C so had the front windows slightly open - got a warning about that from the car, something about efficiency and close the windows and use the A/C! I've never seen or heard of that before, cars have got too smart!
pologtikid
New

Post by pologtikid »

Just had an update changing the colour will push the car into 2019
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

One good thing with that, if the delivery is beyond March 2019, you'll have a 19 plate :lol:
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

silverhairs wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:44 pm One good thing with that, if the delivery is beyond March 2019, you'll have a 19 plate :lol:
I've just noticed that it's got "waiting to purchase", in reality I have purchased, but waiting for delivery, given an approximate date of 29/11/2018.
I'm not bothered what ship it's going to be shipped on, It's doing my head in, but will have to wait.
I asked the dealer the other day about waiting times on other VW cars, and he said there all about the same time.
I wonder what will happen if we do get a "good Brexit for us?", I wonder if VW will start putting the tariffs on the cars that are still to be built?
try that on me and they can stick their Polo where the sun don't shine :roll:
I really do want my Polo, but I'm loosing enthusiasm with it, and started looking at other cars, I expect I will be happy when I drive it out of the showroom though, and forgot about the bloody long wait.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:59 pm
I asked the dealer the other day about waiting times on other VW cars, and he said there all about the same time.
A guy on golfgtiforum.co.uk recently took delivery of a factory order Golf GTI; approx 8 weeks from placing the order to taking delivery. Others have had waiting times of 3-4 months, so I’d say much shorter waiting times on Golfs than Polos.

More often than not, the dealer will tell you what they think you want to hear.......🤔
pologtikid
New

Post by pologtikid »

:roll: roll on 2019 ...... am sure once these ordered clear I should get it before the end of the year
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

This time next year, everybody who keep asking questions on trying to find out where their Polo is in the Build list, what boats sail out of South Africa, I was told it's on it's way, all these questions will be a thing of the past for these people, they'll all have their Polo's sitting on their drive.
Some will think their new Polo is the bee's knee's, others will think, was it worth the wait?
But one thing, this forum will be better off, as members with their Polo's will be in the majority, and not the minority. There will be new members this time next year waiting for their Polo's to be either built, in transit and members just getting the call from their dealers telling them "it's ready for collection"
Also more members with their Polo's are able to give advice through their own experiences, with so few members having their own Polo's at the moment, questions asked by the less unfortunates (still without their own), the information is very limited, but that's not the fault of this forum, it's still in the early stages.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:35 pm This time next year, everybody who keep asking questions on trying to find out where their Polo is in the Build list, what boats sail out of South Africa, I was told it's on it's way, all these questions will be a thing of the past for these people, they'll all have their Polo's sitting on their drive.
Some will think their new Polo is the bee's knee's, others will think, was it worth the wait?
But one thing, this forum will be better off, as members with their Polo's will be in the majority, and not the minority. There will be new members this time next year waiting for their Polo's to be either built, in transit and members just getting the call from their dealers telling them "it's ready for collection"
Also more members with their Polo's are able to give advice through their own experiences, with so few members having their own Polo's at the moment, questions asked by the less unfortunates (still without their own), the information is very limited, but that's not the fault of this forum, it's still in the early stages.
Hard though it may seem to those who’re waiting, the long wait does become a distant memory once you’ve actually taken delivery of your car.

Agree that more members who’ve actually taken delivery of their cars should mean this section of the forum is better off. It does rely on members continuing to be active and sharing the knowledge and experience of their cars though. Some members ‘disappear’ once they’ve got their cars, but fortunately others don’t, and there’s already a core of new Polo members who are very active and regularly contribute and long may it continue.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

You are right "SRGTD", I'm also in the Nissan Note Forum, been there since 2012. And the amount of people who just come into the forum, members welcome them in, they ask a question about their Note, they are given good informative correct answers, (when they sign up, they are told to look through "search" first) as over the past 9 years many of the questions have been asked time and time again, and answering the same old questions time and time again gets a bit tedious. They get the answers to their problems then they don't even have the decency to even reply or post a reply on how they got on.

It's not until this year that Haynes have issued a workshop manual for the E11 Note, I've purchased one to go with the car, to my Grand daughter when she has my Note, mind you that won't be till about Christmas :roll:
It will be many years before Haynes do a manual for the 2018 Polo :lol: