New BlueGT

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Bammers01
New
Drives: BlueGT

New BlueGT

Post by Bammers01 »

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere. Does anyone know if there will a new shape BlueGT? I’m thinking of changing mine at 3 years (in 18 months time) and was just wondering if there will be a new BlueGT? I do a fair number of miles each year and the BlueGT is a good compromise of economy and “go”!
Thanks!!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New BlueGT

Post by SRGTD »

When the new Polo was launched, there was to be a 1.5 EVO engined R-Line model with DSG transmission (but no manual version) in the model line up. The initial price list included this model, but without a price displayed. It was also possible to ‘build’ this model in the configurator, but it was deleted from both the price list and configurator shortly after Polo launch date.

The 1.5 EVO engine that was (is) to be used in the R-Line has a power output of 150 bhp and cylinder deactivation (like the 1.4 ACT power plant in the 6c Polo Blue GT), so although not a Blue GT by name, the 1.5 EVO engined R-Line seems to be the replacement to the Blue GT when (or if) it is produced.

Why the new Polo with this engine hasn’t been built yet isn’t known. It could be that VW are waiting for the new WLTP fuel consumption and emissions certification to be completed for this engine before it is introduced into the model range. Interestingly, the 1.5 EVO engine with manual transmission was included in the new Seat Ibiza FR model, but production of the Ibiza FR with this engine has been temporarily suspended - maybe until WLTP certification is achieved?

Maybe the 1.5 Polo R-Line will be introduced as part of the 2019 model year changes. Production of 2019 model year vehicles commences from week 31 - so end of July/beginning of Aug. If not, hopefully the situation will become clear before you change your current car in 18 months time.
Bammers01
New

Post by Bammers01 »

Many thanks, I’ll keep my fingers crossed
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that VW Group, and maybe other car manufacturers, did not fully understand the scope of testing required for these newer world light vehicle emissions regs, it seems that all engine versions need separate testing for all model and trim versions of cars being fitted with these engines, so that has massively increased the number of tests required.
The cheap quick fix to get round that for the time being looks to have been to temporarily drop low sales volume cars from the catalogues to allow acceptable sales and revenue to be made possible in spite of this complete mess up! Also the number of test facilities will always be limited as no company is going to commit huge sums of money to set up 10 times or more the number of test facilites needed for a short period of maybe a couple of years - again, I thought that all these companies knew this was coming for many years and the exact detail of what was being rolled out was issued over a year ago and the industry seemed to agree that it would be possible to complete this work in the time frame given.
Bammers01
New

Post by Bammers01 »

Seems a reasonable assumption to make, you are probably right. Oh well, fingers crossed it all gets sorted over the next 18 months when I’m ready to change!
Thanks for the input!
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

They MUST or lose this part of the business to other smarter car manufacturers - there has been a lot of talk in some business publications about VW Group aborting/terminating contracts with quite a few factory supplier groups, it does sound like this is being done to reduce or halt what is becoming an excess of some parts arriving at factories that can not assemble these cars due to lack of a market for them. That does sound a bit harsh but it seems that is what VW Group are willing to do to their suppliers in the belief that they can avoid needing to stock/store and pay for lots of parts that, at present, they can not use, maybe they think that they are big enough to do that even if it means forcing some suppliers further down the chain to go out of business, there will not be a way back for all the companies that they have used in the past, which might just affect the quality/durability of future VW Group products?
If you are squeamish about moral issues, maybe consider giving VW Group a miss in the future as they have been turned into a company that really does not care too much about its customers present or in the future!
I have had the misfortune to have visited my large local VW dealership's service department 4 times over the past month roughly, and there has only ever been a maximum of 1 sales person in the showroom area, many of the product enquiries are being handled by the service receptionists, so I don't think that at least VW, are planning/trying to sell many cars at the moment, which is a bit worrying for someone that owns a few VW Group products.