I finally have a build week

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

I finally have a build week

Post by Kittycat »

I have had so many dramas since ordering my Polo
In a nut shell I have two polos on order not by choice
I ordered a limestone grey in April
Changed my mind and asked to swap to red
Dealer ordered a new order which I will be lucky to see until February but the grey one is still on order and in my name as I’m not sure I want to wait that long and now after being told yesterday i will see it end September October I now have a build week for my limestone grey. I’m still unsure of the colour but I don’t know if I can technically be bothered waiting short of a year for a red car
Anyone here have a limestone grey polo they could post on here
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: I finally have a build week

Post by SRGTD »

Have a look through the photo gallery thread. Quite a few pictures of Limestone Grey Polos in there;

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70453
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

Thank you
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Kittycat wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 pmThank you
No problem.

Also worth looking on VW’s website in the used cars section. If you use the advanced search filters (first registration = 2018, Exterior colour = Grey, Model = Polo mk6 (2017)), the search results will return just current model Polos in Grey; it’ll include Urano Grey cars as well, but there’s plenty of Limestone Grey examples. Not all advertised cars have pictures, but there are plenty that do. If you select specific cars with photos, each will have a selection of pictures (exterior and interior shots) and it’ll show what Limestone Grey looks like in different lighting conditions.
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

That’s really good advice, I’ve just ran the used search and spotted one that externally looks the same as the Polo I have spec’d

Thanks for that SRGTD
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

paulrodgers7 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:36 am That’s really good advice, I’ve just ran the used search and spotted one that externally looks the same as the Polo I have spec’d

Thanks for that SRGTD
You’re very welcome 👍.

This is something I did before ordering my current and previous VW, to see what the car looked like in my preferred colour choice. The paint colours in the configurator aren’t necessarily a good representation of the actual colours, and dealers don’t always have your preferred colour choice on their demonstrator fleet or on their forecourt.

As more nearly new Polos appear on the VW site for sale, it’ll be possible to see what most combinations of paint colour / wheel choice look like for many of the models in the Polo range. So, for anyone thinking of buying and they’re undecided on colour, it’s always worth checking out nearly new examples on VW website or sites like Auto Trader before ordering.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

Does your dealer, or a local one have a yard for storing new cars? If so they may have a limestone grey Polo, or even another model in that colour. My dealer’s yard has all colours in it. It’s surprising how many new cars they store.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Kittycat wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:56 pm I have had so many dramas since ordering my Polo
In a nut shell I have two polos on order not by choice
I ordered a limestone grey in April
Changed my mind and asked to swap to red
Dealer ordered a new order which I will be lucky to see until February but the grey one is still on order and in my name as I’m not sure I want to wait that long and now after being told yesterday i will see it end September October I now have a build week for my limestone grey. I’m still unsure of the colour but I don’t know if I can technically be bothered waiting short of a year for a red car
Anyone here have a limestone grey polo they could post on here
I personally love the limestone grey car, it feels very grown up and looks very different in different lighting conditions taking on a bronze hues in the sunlight. Pics in the AW gallery.
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

The problem I have is I now have two cars assigned to me
I’ve seen a few red and really loved the colour that’s why I tried to change.
I like the limestone and originally the day I ordered the polo there was a limestone grey at the dealer which influenced my decision. I think In all honesty I will just be taking the limestone grey as it will be here quicker then the red.
Also if I wait for the red I am going to be without a car for a few months.
Dealer has said I could use the limestone grey until the red comes but that I’d have to trade in the grey one to get the red, so not a straight swap and would probably involve another deposit to give that I don’t have. I’ve seen some of the limestone greys on here and they look lovely
Probably doesn’t help that years ago I had a tornado red mk4 Golf and just love Red VW
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Kittycat wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:18 pm The problem I have is I now have two cars assigned to me
I like the limestone and originally the day I ordered the polo there was a limestone grey at the dealer which influenced my decision. I think In all honesty I will just be taking the limestone grey as it will be here quicker then the red.
Dealer has said I could use the limestone grey until the red comes but that I’d have to trade in the grey one to get the red, so not a straight swap and would probably involve another deposit to give that I don’t have. I’ve seen some of the limestone greys on here and they look lovely
Probably doesn’t help that years ago I had a tornado red mk4 Golf and just love Red VW
It’s down to personal choice at the end of the day. And I do love a red VW as I’ve owned 2 Tornado Red MKII Golfs

I did waver a little bit over the colour during the 25 weeks or so that I waited but seeing the car in the metal and in the sunlight, I’m really happy with my original colour choice of limestone grey.

I’m a firm believer in the adage ‘Choose once and choose well’ There was a instinct that told you to go for that colours in the first place. If you go for the earlier Limestone car my feeling is that you won’t be disappointed, but you will always have choices.. ☺️
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

roywolfey wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 pm
Kittycat wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:18 pm The problem I have is I now have two cars assigned to me
It’s down to personal choice at the end of the day. And I do love a red VW as I’ve owned 2 Tornado Red MKII Golfs

I did waver a little bit over the colour during the 25 weeks or so that I waited but seeing the car in the metal and in the sunlight, I’m really happy with my original colour choice of limestone grey.

I’m a firm believer in the adage ‘Choose once and choose well’ There was a instinct that told you to go for that colours in the first place. If you go for the earlier Limestone car my feeling is that you won’t be disappointed, but you will always have choices.. ☺️
Just been having a look on the photo section and all the limestone greys are lovely and it’s a unique colour expecially the way the light can hit it
They way you captured your car in the light is amazing
I was admiring it last night when I was looking