New Polo - Lighter coloured interior?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

New Polo - Lighter coloured interior?

Post by david.stark »

Hi, new member here :D

I’m looking to buy either a new Polo SE or the Beats model. Going for the DSG gearbox too. Can’t afford or justify the SEL or R-Line models.

The only thing worrying me is the light interior on the Beats. I think it will show dirt and scratches easily over time.

Any opinions on the beats interior?

Thanks
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: New Polo - Lighter coloured interior?

Post by silverhairs »

If you got kids, the "Beat" is not for you, unless you tie the kids up before you get in the car :lol: The only option you have is don't get a beat :lol:
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

No kids that I know of :lol:

Just wondering about the winter months bringing crap into the car etc. Then there’s the black door trim where the beats logo lives. Prone to scratches and swirls I bet.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I’m personally not a fan of light coloured interiors as they do need more attention to keep them looking clean. I’m also not that keen on the velvet red dash pad on the Beats model, but that’s just my opinion and it’s good we don’t all like the same things.

If I was faced with the choice of either the SE or Beats model, I’d go for the SE - not only because the interior is more subtle in my opinion, but you also get a spare wheel (which I’d definitely want) whereas in the Beats you get the emergency tyre inflation kit.
david.stark wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:49 pm Then there’s the black door trim where the beats logo lives. Prone to scratches and swirls I bet.
Pretty certain the piano black plastic trim on the ‘B’ pillars is standard across the Polo range, in which case the SE will have it too. It is prone to swirling (I have it on my previous generation Polo GTI), even with very careful washing, but the swirls can easily be removed if you have a machine polisher or you know someone who has one.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

Years ago I bought plastic polish, which did indeed remove fine scratches from plastic. It came from a car accessories company in West London, but I can't recall the name of the stuff.

Bear in mind that Beats sound systems have exaggerated bass, fine if you like that, pants otherwise.

Regarding kids, just get a dog cage for the boot ...
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Thanks for the input guys. Probably go for SE and I’ll be choosing between reflex silver (stress free colour for scratches and swirls), reef blue or energetic orange.
jdunstone16
New
Drives: VW Polo Beats 2018

Post by jdunstone16 »

I've got the Beats Polo in black and I've not had any issues with the interior picking up dirt at all. Bit harder to clean the black, but apart from that, no issues with cleaning
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

I have a reflex silver SE 95, but the reef blue does look nice. Honestly though, most colours look nice.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

I’ll keep you posted on developments. Going to the dealer today for a test drive. No part exchange, just £600 from me and their deposit contribution.

When I enquired about the SE last week, I was initially only going to put £200 on the table. Their initial quote on PCP over 48 months was about £330 per month which included the following:

GAP insurance, service plan, alloy wheel and paint accidental damage cover and diamondbrite protection.

I said drop your starting price to the Carwow offer, scrap GAP (I can get it for about £150 rather than their £400), scrap paint and wheel cover (I know a guy) and scrap diamondbrite (I can get it for £200 rather than their £400). But keep the service plan.

This brought the price down to about £240 per month so with £600 deposit it will now be less still and hence the Beats might now be doable.

I don’t know if I can pull off the youthful beats model at 34 though :lol:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Bang goes another salesman's holiday pocket money!

I remember reading up on the Audi alloy wheel cover thing and it seemed to exclude almost all possible reasons for the wheels getting damaged.

The service plan, well in the case of my wife's Polo bought in August 2015, worked out well for us as we only run 7.5K>9.0K miles in that car a year, it turned out to be the dealer's own version of the official VW service plan but that was also okay as we would have being planning to use that dealership for service work, so that phase has now been completed for less money than if we paid up each time we handed the car in, and included first MOT done early - well within the allowed period.
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

I always found the service plan for my Up a good deal. However, a friend got his Up done at his dealer for less, though his dealerships were much further away from me. Maybe this time I'll see if his dealership group will do the Polo service plan for less than mine.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Had the test drive today and have gone for an SE in reflex silver. DSG gearbox was pure silk. Collect on 3rd August!

Thanks for the input.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

david.stark wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:14 am I’ll keep you posted on developments. Going to the dealer today for a test drive. No part exchange, just £600 from me and their deposit contribution.

When I enquired about the SE last week, I was initially only going to put £200 on the table. Their initial quote on PCP over 48 months was about £330 per month which included the following:

GAP insurance, service plan, alloy wheel and paint accidental damage cover and diamondbrite protection.

I said drop your starting price to the Carwow offer, scrap GAP (I can get it for about £150 rather than their £400), scrap paint and wheel cover (I know a guy) and scrap diamondbrite (I can get it for £200 rather than their £400). But keep the service plan.

This brought the price down to about £240 per month so with £600 deposit it will now be less still and hence the Beats might now be doable.

I don’t know if I can pull off the youthful beats model at 34 though :lol:
It's worth checking your insurance as most policies do "new car replacement" in the first 12 or 24 months, you might not need GAP insurance at all then, I discovered this today as I was looking into GAP insurance myself, my policy covers "new car replacement" :-)
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Yes I’d heard about that. I will check with my insurer :D