Recall - rear seat belt

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
wizzywig27
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Re: Recall - rear seat belt

Post by wizzywig27 »

My rejection got approved, just need to return the car now. Getting the full £850 back as well. :mrgreen:
eddholloway
New
Drives: SE 1.0 TSI 95PS

Post by eddholloway »

Are there any updates from people on this issue? Has anyone claimed any kind of compensation? Any other examples of rejection?
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

I emailed VW about my Polo which is supposed to be in this country for collection just before Christmas and asked if it would be delivered with the 5th seatbelt problem fixed and correct. I told them "If the 5th seatbelt was faulty, I would be rejecting the car" They guarantee that all seatbelts would be OK.
Really, I've lost all interest and enthusiasm about the Polo. Any little thing wrong with it, and it won't be leaving the showroom with me !!!

There are other cars out there with adaptive cruise control, auto box and rear camera fitted as standard, I'm not really bothered if they don't have dipping rear view mirrors. If I have to spend more money, I'm not bothered.
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

silverhairs wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:53 pm I emailed VW about my Polo which is supposed to be in this country for collection just before Christmas and asked if it would be delivered with the 5th seatbelt problem fixed and correct. I told them "If the 5th seatbelt was faulty, I would be rejecting the car" They guarantee that all seatbelts would be OK.
Really, I've lost all interest and enthusiasm about the Polo. Any little thing wrong with it, and it won't be leaving the showroom with me !!!

There are other cars out there with adaptive cruise control, auto box and rear camera fitted as standard, I'm not really bothered if they don't have dipping rear view mirrors. If I have to spend more money, I'm not bothered.
Seem to be not interested any more in your Polo, the seatbelt will be ok if your car is a MY2019
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Ladas not back available yet for the more discerning older motorist?
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

RUM4MO wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:13 pm Ladas not back available yet for the more discerning older motorist?
I would have expected a more mature reply from you, especially as you are a so called "Bling Bling diamond member?
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Maturity is over rated. :D
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Now now guys, please play nicely

We’re all here for a bit of banter but let’s keep it fun rather than personal.
Aube
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEDSG

Post by Aube »

Back to the original point.

I’ve seen or heard nothing from the dealer, VW customer service or read any news about this in motoring press. Last date mentioned for a permanent fix was November. That’s not far away so let’s hope VW sends out a recall letter in the next few days!
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Aube wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:25 am Back to the original point.

I’ve seen or heard nothing from the dealer, VW customer service or read any news about this in motoring press. Last date mentioned for a permanent fix was November. That’s not far away so let’s hope VW sends out a recall letter in the next few days!
That's pretty much my situation too. Apart from the forum and some damning news snippets, i've heard notbing. Nothing from the dealer or VW UK.

Driving around in a Polo that may be completely unfixed, partially/interim fixed or fully fixed/unaffected. I'm under the impression that Barry is in the same boat (and his car might've been on the same boat as mine).
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

Aube wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:25 am Back to the original point.

I was in the Seat dealers on Saturday and was told a permanent fix was due in November and the reason for the delay was that the new bracket has had to go through stringent safety checks, obviously the last one had not.

On plus side the dealers and Seat have agreed to buy back the wife’s Seat Ibiza as after 12 months they have been unable to fix an ongoing issue and then damaged the vehicle while servicing it. They could not replace the Ibiza with another auto version as the waiting time for the DSG Gearbox ment a estimated delivery date of March or April 2019. Instead as a goodwill gesture they have offered her a Arona Xcellence Lux auto that is in stock (build date 14/09/2018) for just £10 a month more than she was paying for the Ibiza to which we have agreed.
wizzywig27
Getting There!

Post by wizzywig27 »

Both myself and the OH have received letters and stickers. The OH is rejecting hers and was told there is a date confirmed for the fix now (as they asked her if she wanted to wait), but she declined and wanted to proceed with the rejection. I would call VW UK to ask if you vehicle is effected.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

From Cadwesr's new bracket explanation from the dealers, everyone here (everyone with an MQB A0 platform car across VAG ranges?) is waiting on this fix, and everyone should therefore have grounds to reject. This could cost VAG a far bit if people exercise that right. Trouble is, we all know how long an alternative car could take to come, unsold new or preregistered VAGs are in short supply right now thanks to WLTP backlog.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Bizarrely when I rang VW uk after a long while waiting I was told my car was definitely ,positively not affected by the problem.....do I believe them??? Nothing in writing and no sticker. As it is a belt we will never use I am not bothered and do not want to wait a year for another one. We will see when a fix is announced whether they contact me.
wizzywig27
Getting There!

Post by wizzywig27 »

My partner is going through the rejection process as we speak. She has been given four different names/callbacks from VWUK.

When you check VW website to check if her car has any recalls - it says no, even though she has had two letters (bizarrely mine says it doesnt either event though I've officially rejected it due to the issue).

Does it surprise me you have been told yours is ok? No. Would it surprise me if it was effected? No

When I dealt with them a month ago they seemed organised, efficient and helpful. A month on any partner waits 20 mins for them to answer. Promised callbacks which do not happen. Given five different names as contacts then when you speak to them they say its not them.

Its turned into a bit of a farce, and if you ask me, I think more people are rejecting - hence the above.