Recall - rear seat belt

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Re: Recall - rear seat belt

Post by roywolfey »

Car delivered in July 18. Only just got my recall letter from VW today.
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

roywolfey wrote:Car delivered in July 18. Only just got my recall letter from VW today.
I got my letter about 2 weeks ago, but had the recall carried out when my car went in for a bad handbrake last year November time

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Still haven't had a letter yet - car delivered 1sr Aug.
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

Post by JohnF »

Got my permanent fix letter. Annoyingly VW are once again implying that my car may have to go to the dealer for a full day for a 30 min job. So that adds up to 2 full days of my life wasted because of this VW mistake

Has anyone got any suggestions how I might persuade JCT600 to do it while I wait?!
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

I arranged a first job booking with the Nottingham dealer and waited took over an hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

barrywi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm My Gti has just been done and fitted with something called an A bracket.
Had mine in for the fix a couple weeks ago, have had a squeak since new and thought that the rear bench part would be removed to do the seat belt fix but discovered this morning it is "just a spacer that doesn't require seat removal", I guess this is the same that is called the "A bracket" on yours?
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

To be honest as we never have three people in the back I have not even checked what is there. Mainly to do with a poorly back ,old age and flippin unpleasant weather. I just wanted to get it done and on the record at VW if I sell the car.
Still waiting for VW to write to me to tell me it needs fixing...big sigh!
JohnF
Getting There!

Post by JohnF »

So it just sounds like a piece of moulded plastic that's shoved into place around the two belt sockets to align them correctly???? (and they may want my car for a day?!)
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

JohnF wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:47 am Got my permanent fix letter. Annoyingly VW are once again implying that my car may have to go to the dealer for a full day for a 30 min job. So that adds up to 2 full days of my life wasted because of this VW mistake

Has anyone got any suggestions how I might persuade JCT600 to do it while I wait?!
JohnF wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:48 pm So it just sounds like a piece of moulded plastic that's shoved into place around the two belt sockets to align them correctly???? (and they may want my car for a day?!)
I’m guessing that your dealer may not allocate specific time slots to simple, recall jobs like the Polo seat belt fix, but like to have the flexibility to fit these jobs in around other scheduled servicing and repair work. That could explain why VW are saying the dealer may need your car for a whole day.

Have you spoken to your dealer to see if they do actually need your car for a full day, or are you assuming they do, based on what’s implied by VW in the recall letter?
JohnF
Getting There!

Post by JohnF »

No not spoken to the dealer. It just seems to be the same situation as the interim fix, i.e. they wanted it all day. The VW letter seems to allow the dealer to deal with the fix as they think fit i.e. it's basically an inconvenience to the dealer when they could be making more money doing servicing etc. I will ring them however.
jackois
New
Drives: Polo SE 1.0 TSI 95ps manual

Post by jackois »

I received the notification before Christmas, but mostly having the seats folded down to carry golf clubs and so on, wasn't to fussed on rushing to get it done.

It was done last week as part of first service, which pinged up early as the service indicator hadn't been reset when it was registered for the road. There was also a software update for the power steering, the dealer didn't know what was changing with it, done at the same time.

The car was dropped off at 08.15 and ready by lunchtime, so serviced, updated, recall done in less than 4 hours.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

No letter for my car.
However, it's in for a new headlight today and they mentioned the seatbelt needed done.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

One headlight or two, and did they say why it had condensation?
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:08 pm One headlight or two, and did they say why it had condensation?
Just the driver's side.
Haven't said why it's got condensation, just getting a new one.
Muldoon
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 SE TSI

Post by Muldoon »

Got VW letter middle of December, got mine fixed today - booked it in for 8.15 and told them I would wait, arrived and it wasn't in their workshop diary...car went in shortly afterwards and took 50 minutes. Declined the free car wash needed to get off quickly. Had a coffee in the hospitality zone and the wifi speedy. Next time will be ordering a courtesy car for the first service, loads of people picking them up. Can't see anything different where they have done the repair but at least it's out of the way now.