Recall - rear seat belt

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Re: Recall - rear seat belt

Post by TElwoody »

That looks like they've implemented the fix, if the higher one cannot physically go higher then its sorted.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

TElwoody wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:45 pm That looks like they've implemented the fix, if the higher one cannot physically go higher then its sorted.
That’s what I think. There’s a video here of a car with the issue which demonstrates how the outer seatbelt may be released.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/103 ... -seatbelts

On my car, the higher catch is presented low enough that it can’t cross over the lower catch.
kmm249
Getting There!
Drives: 2018

Post by kmm249 »

wizzywig27 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:06 am Another update:

Spoke to VWUK this morning and was told that for an exchange I had to deal directly with Parkway, however if I wanted to return and walk away I would need to go through the rejection process - well I thought this was what I was doing?! No one seems to be playing ball at the moment, it is actually causing me so much stress! I am going to drop of my formal letter rejecting the vehicle this afternoon.

I have a feeling they may try and delay it until the fix is imminent and then refuse it based on that.
Good luck with Parkway I’m currently dealing with them too! They have told a few lies to me so be careful!
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

wizzywig27 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:27 pm Spoke to VW this morning who have confirmed that negative will be written off which effectively sees me as a new customer. Now I am just waiting for the retailer to contact me to discuss the next steps
I’ve missed all the messages on this subject so I’m a bit out of touch. However, have a read through this to see similar advice I offered:

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71 ... efbba0a083
wizzywig27
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Post by wizzywig27 »

Things are moving....slowly.

Does anyone know if I will get the cost of my services back that I paid for and never have, or never will use?
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

wizzywig27 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:37 am Things are moving....slowly.

Does anyone know if I will get the cost of my services back that I paid for and never have, or never will use?
Service agreements are transferable generally. I sold my Audi to my sister and just contacted Audi to transfer what was left of the service plan to her. I know this is only an assumption but it makes sense that if it can be transferred to a new owner, it can also be transferred to another car providing it’s the same type and falls into the same price bracket for a service plan.

Check the small print and ask the dealer.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

david.stark wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:28 am

Service agreements are transferable generally. I sold my Audi to my sister and just contacted Audi to transfer what was left of the service plan to her. I know this is only an assumption but it makes sense that if it can be transferred to a new owner, it can also be transferred to another car providing it’s the same type and falls into the same price bracket for a service plan.

From VWFS’s website;

What happens if I decide to sell my car early?
Your Volkswagen Service Plan will transfer to any new owner; so you can expect to recover your investment in the plan by getting a higher trade-in value or selling price for your car. The plan would need to be paid in full and you will be responsible for the administration of the change.

http://www.vwfsaftersales.co.uk/ourplans/under-1-year/
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:35 am
david.stark wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:28 am

From VWFS’s website;

What happens if I decide to sell my car early?
Your Volkswagen Service Plan will transfer to any new owner; so you can expect to recover your investment in the plan by getting a higher trade-in value or selling price for your car. The plan would need to be paid in full and you will be responsible for the administration of the change.

http://www.vwfsaftersales.co.uk/ourplans/under-1-year/
I quoted that to the audi dealer who I sold the wife's (officially mine and registered to me) A1 to, hoping to get more money - I had the remainder of a longlife 5 year service pack. I was told categorically that it was not transferrable nor surrenderable for a partial refund. The extended warranty was transferred.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

david.stark wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:28 pm
wizzywig27 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:27 pm Spoke to VW this morning who have confirmed that negative will be written off which effectively sees me as a new customer. Now I am just waiting for the retailer to contact me to discuss the next steps
I’ve missed all the messages on this subject so I’m a bit out of touch. However, have a read through this to see similar advice I offered:

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71 ... efbba0a083
I checked the design and positioning of the centre and the adjacent seat belt buckles on the rear seat in my previous generation Polo GTI yesterday - they are both the same height, so no risk of the centre buckle pressing the release clip on the adjacent buckle.

It makes you wonder why on earth VW changed the design / position of these buckles when, as far as I’m aware, there’s never been any reported issues with the ones fitted in the previous generation Polo. If it ain’t broke, don't fix it! 🤨
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe it was to make it easier to work out which clasp was used by which seat occupier, they certainly succeeded if that was their plan, pity no one actually checked if there might just be other new issues?
wizzywig27
Getting There!

Post by wizzywig27 »

right, I went into Audi today, I’ve been accepted for finance on another car, so it’s reserved for me.

The thing is, I’ve checked paperwork and VW have said I paid £224 deposit, but I have emails referring to ££850 deposit and a bank transfer of £600 on the day I signed the agreement. I also have a receipt for £250

They’ve played with figures due to negative on previous car and shafted me haven’t they? Any idea where I stand here?

I have my order sheet and it lists this:

Total price of new car: 18350

Gross part exchange allowance: 15850
HP settlement: 16979
Net part exchange: -1129

Sub total: 19479

Amount financed: 18129
Customer deposit: 1350
Deposit paid: 250
Final amount due from customer: 1100
wizzywig27
Getting There!

Post by wizzywig27 »

Also, to add, they put through on the finance agreement £220.44 advance payment, so amount financed was 18129
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

PM replied to
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

After seeing the pictures/video above I checked both my cars and they are slightly different height belt buckles but can't overlap by pushing across, this must have been done at build or PDI I guess as I haven't had a recall letter?

I collected my cars end of July if that helps, thank you for the posts above showing me what to look for, I was getting concerned I hadn't had the letter :-)
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

I emailed VW UK about this situation as I have heard nothing from them about a recall or fix or sticker for the dashboard. They called me today.
After about ten minutes waiting on line and a thousand security and data protection questions I was put on hold ( twice) while Mr VW checked the situation after telling him which model we have . He came back and said categorically that the Gti does not have a problem with rear seatbelts so I have nothing to worry about. Why the Gtis belts should be any different from the rest of the Polos was not explained. Very strange.