Recall - rear seat belt

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Re: Recall - rear seat belt

Post by Robint »

I had my car in July booked in for the seatbelt fix next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

My Gti has just been done and fitted with something called an A bracket.
the-stig
New
Drives: 2018 GTI+

Post by the-stig »

barrywi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm My Gti has just been done and fitted with something called an A bracket.
When did you have your GTI delivered Barry?
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Mine been in today for the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Ordered February 10 th , arrived at the dealers on July 29 th, so compared with others a relatively short delivery time of about six months just before the factory was closed and the WLTP chaos.It was just lucky really, decided to buy on the 9 th and went straight to the dealers on the 10 th totally unaware of the turmoil to follow. VW UK have told me nothing of the rear seat belt problem apart from my car” Definitely , Certainly” NOT having a problem.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I find it a bit weird that Skoda with the Fabia did not get involved with this issue, Polo - yes, Ibiza and one of its cousins - yes, A1 - no but it is/was still using the older platform. Though Skoda, as far as many of the owners think, could teach VW quite a bit when it comes to hiding and denying issues exist.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

I was told today that my Polo was on the ship destination Grimsby. The VW dealer is approximately 300 yards from where the ship docks. So I said "I'll have it before the weekend", as North sea ferries can cross in 12 hours to Hull, which is across the river.
He said "it could be up too two weeks because it has to be unloaded, then it has to be loaded onto a car transporters to be delivered 200 yards to the dealer".
I expect it's for insurance cover?
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

RUM4MO wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:51 pm I find it a bit weird that Skoda with the Fabia did not get involved with this issue, Polo - yes, Ibiza and one of its cousins - yes, A1 - no but it is/was still using the older platform. Though Skoda, as far as many of the owners think, could teach VW quite a bit when it comes to hiding and denying issues exist.
Maybe because Fabia is not same platform as Ibiza and Polo. Fabia is PQ26
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

silverhairs wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:52 pm I was told today that my Polo was on the ship destination Grimsby. The VW dealer is approximately 300 yards from where the ship docks. So I said "I'll have it before the weekend", as North sea ferries can cross in 12 hours to Hull, which is across the river.
He said "it could be up too two weeks because it has to be unloaded, then it has to be loaded onto a car transporters to be delivered 200 yards to the dealer".
From my experience it is because it is a Volkswagen....no logic at all
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

barrywi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:31 pm
silverhairs wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:52 pm I was told today that my Polo was on the ship destination Grimsby. The VW dealer is approximately 300 yards from where the ship docks. So I said "I'll have it before the weekend", as North sea ferries can cross in 12 hours to Hull, which is across the river.
From my experience it is because it is a Volkswagen....no logic at all
The first thing that needs to happen when the ship lands is that the cars are put into a quarantine compound to await customs clearance - generally a 48 hour process but sometimes longer.

Then the dealership is informed that their car/s have cleared customs. If they have a transporter full of cars for 1 dealership, that'll get priority. Dealerships local to the receiving dock generally get better service - I've frequently had cars hit the dock and then my local 2 dealerships have had delivery within 5 days. Our local dealer once pulled out all the stops to get my Dad's GTD to him in record time before he went away on a 3 week cruise by pestering customs to pull their finger out and arranging with VW UK to have it delisted by the delivery arm so that the dealership could collect it from Tyne Dock themselves.

The ship arrived in the dock on the Thursday teatime, it cleared customs and was picked up by the dealership Friday teatime and PDI'd first thing Saturday morning and my Dadpicked it up at 11am.

The dealerships have had a lean time lately with no car stock coming through to sell, they will be eager to get your car delivered ASAP so they can bank your money.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Dark_cze wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:04 pm Maybe because Fabia is not same platform as Ibiza and Polo. Fabia is PQ26
Must be, I thought that in that area of the cars VW Group would still be fitting the same parts across the marques, and that specific area of these cars the mounting detail and seating detail would be the same, or near enough - obviously not!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

After I posted about my Polo having to be delivered 200 yards by transporter, while it's still on the docks, it's private land. At that point it's not taxed, has no registration plate or insurance. So a transporter is the only way off the docks.
But then again, they have people (a lot of OAP's) who drive them from the ship to a local car storage area, so they must have trade plates?
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

All car traders will have equipped themselves with a few trade plates, maybe only a single one needed nowadays, similarly all car traders will have insurance cover to allow them to move cars around legally.
When I imported a couple of VWs new from Holland, I bought import or transit plates - these plates came complete with minimum required legal insurance to use that car on the road and the cover only lasted 3 or 5 days if I remember rightly, as far as driving in the UK, this meant that you would not get stopped for not having that car registered as long as you were transiting from the place of purchase to your home and then immediately parked it in private ground. Driving around in it prior to completing first registration was not allowed obviously.

The trouble you would have if you offered to drive it along to your dealership would start at the point that you do not legally own that car, so you can't buy and start using an insurance policy, based on its VIN if there are still insurance companies that still provide that option prior to completing first registration - that is assuming that your dealer could allow you to use a set of trade plates to move that car, just all bit messy and something that they would probably rather avoid happening.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Just thinking about the fix for the rear seatbelt, how do they get access to those parts where the rear bench seat is a fixed piece?

On some of my previous cars the rear bench split and lifted forwards to enable the seat backs to fold flat. I have an annoying squeak/rattle from the rear bench too, wonder how this is secured, anyone removed it before?
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

MilgeS wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:49 pm Just thinking about the fix for the rear seatbelt, how do they get access to those parts where the rear bench seat is a fixed piece?

On some of my previous cars the rear bench split and lifted forwards to enable the seat backs to fold flat. I have an annoying squeak/rattle from the rear bench too, wonder how this is secured, anyone removed it before?
There should be hidden clips under seat. Guess 4 around edge