Recall - rear seat belt

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Re: Recall - rear seat belt

Post by roywolfey »

I have a theory that all cars after a certain build week are unaffected.

Mine's build week 21 and has an offset of seatbelt catches that would indicate that its not affected. (Picture earlier in the thread) This theory is corroborated by a seeming lack of Letters, notices, stickers, and temporary tie wraps.

The November fix may be for affected cars delivered with the issue, but I suspect VW introduced a modification for new builds.

Hopefully at some point, a recall with affected chassis numbers will be made.
wizzywig27
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Post by wizzywig27 »

20th November it is due but apparently it is already being rolled out to customers who are in courtesy cars due to the issues.

VWUK are now saying they do not support the rejection. Long story but massive miscommunication on their behalf which resulted in the complaint being logged AFTER the permanent fix was announced (today).
kmm249
Getting There!
Drives: 2018

Post by kmm249 »

I spoke to a lady in VW team who support dealerships on rejection. She told me they tell dealerships people can't reject vehicles on recalls. She was nice since she is not suppose to be customer facing, I have happened to kick up much a fuss to get a progress update on my case (various safety issues on my car).

Another person on forum has managed to reject on the seatbelt recall so not quite sure how that works.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Really not sure how VW can rebuff a rejection request based on the seatbelt situation unless they can prove the owner was made aware of the issue and and accepted the car after beong made aware.

They knowingly sold a 5 seater car only safe for 4 people.

Unless they can provide a solid imminent date to apply the fix to an individual's car, they shouldn't have a leg to stand on if you use a solicitor to make them realise you're serious.
kmm249
Getting There!
Drives: 2018

Post by kmm249 »

I know thats what I thought, I was unaware when I bought the car in June. As well the courtesy car had no stickers and was not told about not using the seat either. Luckily I knew about this but if you had a different model of VW you would not know potiental?

I'm doing that now, seat belt recall and the other issues with the car. VWFS not taking my complaint seriously either. Emails to CEOs are happening too.....
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

Picked the wife’s new Seat Arona up today and despite a build date of the 14/09 still needs the seatbelt fix. They told me that over the last few days they have started to receive the permanent fix, they are arriving by courier in packages with the vehicle vin number on and have started to contact the owners. On the downside the vehicle arrived without the folding mirrors installed but had the winter pack and beats audio on it. VW group really need to start getting their act together.
wizzywig27
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Post by wizzywig27 »

Here is my take on the CEO situation - VWFS does not have one (or didn't when I was going through my rejection) - he/she had been appointed but not in post yet - I was given a name of the temporary one and the newly appointed one, but cannot remember their names.

VWUK CEO is Alison something, I emailed her and she forwarded it to VWFS (even though when you contact VWFS they tall you to contact VWUK regarding seatbelt rejections), and it was VWFS who told me she forwarded it to them otherwise I wouldn't have any idea. She didn't even reply to acknowledge my email so good luck with emailing her.

My OH has also emailed her two weeks ago and she didn't receive a reply either.

I have also been advised by VWUK that the seatbelt fix is due 20th November, however some people are receiving it already.
yorkshirepud
New
Drives: Mk10 R Line 115

Post by yorkshirepud »

Took delivery of new R line last week asked dealer if seat belt mod had been done they said yes, looking at the middle rear belt receptacle it is higher than the rear left one so it would appear it has been done. Ordered mine in Feb delivered Oct.
Ellie G
New
Drives: Polo Beats

Post by Ellie G »

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me. I have ordered a new POLO Beats which is due to be delivered anytime soon. I called the leasing company to ask for an update on my delivery and they told me that they can't release the car until the seat belt issue has been fixed. They advised me that this would be this week. Can someone advise me on what this means? I'm assuming its parked up at a dealer (not sure where) and VW will come and fix it? Or do I have the right to have the vehicle now and wait for a letter to get it fixed myself?

Obviously safety comes first but looking at the news, this recall came around earlier on this year and therefore I shouldn't have been sold this car in October?

Thanks in advanced for any help.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Hum, you could say that VW UK are being weasels behaving like this, hardly world class, yes on reflection "weasels" seems to be an appropriate word to use!

Sorry all wildlife lovers out there, I am one as well, but I'll borrow that little guy's name to use here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46320553

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

I was told that my gti was definitely not affected by VW customer services , so we will see!
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Hum, I wonder if VW Group will challenge any of the text of that Which statement, though it does also include the fact that the homologation of that car "let this go" - though one thing, exactly what does the homologation of a new version of a car include, it has been stated on the Skoda forums that the MK3 Fabia does list the MK1 Fabia homologation "numbers" for most matters - so what value can anyone put on VW Group putting all these new versions of all its cars through expensive homologation processes - or the need for any EU market car manufacturers needing to always do that with a newer version of an old model?
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Maybe my car has been done, no idea.
But if it hasn't, I take it you're free to ignore a recall notice?
Never, ever use the central belt in the back, not remotely interested in taking time off work to get this done.
It can wait until the service in a year at best.