Recall - rear seat belt

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Aube
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEDSG

Re: Recall - rear seat belt

Post by Aube »

barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

barrywi wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:01 pm I was told that my gti was definitely not affected by VW customer services , so we will see!
So they either lied or ignored the situation as a check on the MOT check for recalls link it came up as needing a recall. Got mine booked in next week for it to be fixed and a free vac and wash. No communication from VW uk yet ,which is no surprise.
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Post by john-k »

Just a heads up, current UK owners can check their recall status here: https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

I've got mine since July but not received any communications from VW via post or from my dealership regarding the seat belt issue. Just looked on there today and bam! There is a recall ongoing.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

john-k wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:37 pm Just a heads up, current UK owners can check their recall status here: https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

I've got mine since July but not received any communications from VW via post or from my dealership regarding the seat belt issue. Just looked on there today and bam! There is a recall ongoing.
The site says there is an outstanding manufacturer's safety recall on my GTI+.

I was never made aware of this by the retailer or VW themselves. Can only assume it is the seatbelt and VW are banking on people being unaware and performing the fix on the sly when the car is next in for either warranty work or the first service.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:12 pm
john-k wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:37 pm Just a heads up, current UK owners can check their recall status here: https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

The site says there is an outstanding manufacturer's safety recall on my GTI+.

I was never made aware of this by the retailer or VW themselves. Can only assume it is the seatbelt and VW are banking on people being unaware and performing the fix on the sly when the car is next in for either warranty work or the first service.
Me too!
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^&^^

And there we were thinking that VW were fitting fixed components to our June built cars, seeing as VW were aware of this failing back in April. I wonder whether we got a factory fit cable tie solution.
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Ha ha maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
weezul
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI 95se 2018

Post by weezul »

Just put my VIN number into VW website for recalls, says they are none. I'm picking up a new 1.0 TSI 95 tomorrow. If anyone needs any photos or anything of this seatbelt thing let me know what you need and i'll be happy to take a snap if people need comparison or something
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

You need to put your registration number, when you get it, into the MOT recalls section as listed above. You may have to wait a bit until your registration number goes through the system. Dont believe anything VW tell you ( from my experience)
Muldoon
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 SE TSI

Post by Muldoon »

I put my details in as well and it came up with red lettering highlighting a recall - not heard anything from VW, might wait for a letter. Nobody uses the back seats on mine but would like this sorting out before I sell it - yes am planning ahead even after only having it one month :roll: got to protect resale etc.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Nothing from VW today in the post or email
weezul
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI 95se 2018

Post by weezul »

Got them to check today before i left with my new car, said it only got issued yesterday and to expect something from them in the future, and that it basically hasn't been done yet.

Rear wiper judders

Handbrake seems to have no travel, and then gets very tight re:handbrake thread and I mentioned this as well.

I'm driving to london and back over the weekend so will see how it copes before I go back
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Post by john-k »

You could check your VIN to on here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp?tx=

Fill in the make, model and the recall should pop up with the following details
launch date: 26/11/18
recall number: R/2018/142
VIN Start: WVWZZZAWZJU000126
VIN End: WVWZZZAWZKU019793
Build start: 30/04/2017
Build end: 11/10/2018

by the looks of it, no fixes were applied to new cars being built until after 11 Oct 2018!!!
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Just a thought..
Would the legal cover on my Polo insurance policy( not a VW one) cover taking VW to court for putting me in a potentially life threatening situation by not informing or warning me in any way of the problem?
I have had no communication of any sort, or stickers to put on the dashboard, from VW UK. When I rang them to ask if my car was affected by the seat belt situation, I was told categorically that it was not.
I bet in the USA there would be a “ Class action” legal claim against VW where owners got together to fight the legal battle.