Recall - rear seat belt

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Re: Recall - rear seat belt

Post by MilgeS »

silverhairs wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:54 am The one thing you have to remember is if you have 3 seat belt anchors and somebody is sitting on the offside seat and they clip into the middle seat belt anchor, that persons weight is on the offside seat sensor, so it will bring up the alarm.
Has anybody put something heavy on the front passengers seat, when they got in the car, done their seat belt up, and the alarm has gone off because the front passengers seat belt was not done up? Could be the same with the back seats?
After a chat with the wife, she had her handbag on the front passenger seat this morning when it beeped, she's done this before with no problems but maybe today it's a little heavier or different position. Have tried without it on the seat and all ok, will tell her to keep it on the floor from now on and see if it beeps again, thank you very much for the advice :-)
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Or, she could use this feature to warn her to when to "sort out" her handbag, my wife has had trouble finding her house keys for about 6 months now so well overdue a "sort out"!!
Last edited by RUM4MO on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

Haha, that's exactly what I said to her, time to have a clear out!
Aube
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEDSG

Post by Aube »

Hi,

An article from Which that is worth reading.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/08/vw ... hal-fault/
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

Post by JohnF »

So "the ‘temporary measure’ involves securing the two seat belt buckles together" and issuing a sticker. I've got my car in at my dealers for the "fix" which sounds like something I could do at home!
Aube
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEDSG

Post by Aube »

Hi,

Yes, the fix is amateurish to say the least. VW are again demonstrating a complete lack of understanding how serious this issue is. Those who have purchased the car to carry five people must be extremely annoyed. I know I would be!
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

JohnF wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:01 pm So "the ‘temporary measure’ involves securing the two seat belt buckles together" and issuing a sticker. I've got my car in at my dealers for the "fix" which sounds like something I could do at home!
I'd agree with that but it is still VW's responsability to carry out this temp measure themselves. A bit of a waste of your time though, I would certainly have expected them to arrange to come to me and not expect me to go to them for this sort of lash up, that is just being disrespectful to your customers.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

MilgeS wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:08 pm
silverhairs wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:54 am After a chat with the wife, she had her handbag on the front passenger seat this morning when it beeped, she's done this before with no problems but maybe today it's a little heavier or different position. Have tried without it on the seat and all ok, will tell her to keep it on the floor from now on and see if it beeps again, thank you very much for the advice :-)
Happened to me once with previous Golf, Mk7 1.4SE. Was raining so when I got in the car, took off baseball cap and placed reasonably gently on passenger seat, as opposed to door side pocket, and 'fasten seat belt warning' sounded, not happened with current car but I make sure not to place stuff on passenger seat....
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

We've not had a problem since, needless to say nothing has been placed on the passenger seat since, other than a human :-D
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

How big is your baseball cap :lol:
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:16 pm How big is your baseball cap :lol:
Sure it wasn't a 10 gallon hat, with 10 gallons of water in it? I've put a light bag of shopping in the front seat of the Golf many a time (maybe a few Kg) and not had the passenger recognition ping.
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:16 pm How big is your baseball cap :lol:
:D T'was a 'common or garden' baser, no biggie literlly :lol: ....
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Next topic will be “how to remove sticky stuff from where the seat belt warning label was” ? Or worse than that “how do you return the surface finish on the dash back to normal after the stuff on the seat belt warning label reacted with the dash plastic” !
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

Obv my (previous) car had a slight passenger seat ocupancy oversensitivity issue, for some reason. Next topic will (hopefully) be: 'Polos now built & delivered within 16 weeks of ordering', my Mk7 Golfs were and previous car was one of the first in the country, not even a cancelled order....
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Got my gti plus on July 30 th( soon to become Local " It just arrived in time" day).
No contact from VW yet about a belt recall ? My dealer said it will be a contact from VW nationally , not the garage.