VCDS/OBD11 type modifications

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

VCDS/OBD11 type modifications

Post by monkeyhanger »

Hi All,

With more Polos rolling in now and some options out there seemingly having the hardware standard fit, but needing activation at a cost, I wondered what modification options there are available on the Polo.

For starters, i'd like to permanently disable keyless entry, I see no hardship in pressing a button on the keyfob to open the doors, making the car more secure when parked within range of the house (stupid flawed keyless tech) - a window would have to be broken, setting off the alarm, to gain entry. Maybe having the folding mirrors only unfold on ignition rather than on entry to the car.

Anyone have any ideas in what they'd like to change that would seem possible, with the hardware already in place?
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: VCDS/OBD11 type modifications

Post by Cadwest »

I asked my dealer about the voice activation and if could just be turned on but apparently the dealer has to purchase a activation code from VW for it to work.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I wouldn't give up on voice activation until someone's been through the tick list thoroughly. Might be worth trawling though some other forums like VWVortex, and VW/Audi/seat based forums, especially for models that share the Polo's architecture (Seat Ibiza/Skoda Fabia (Audi Q2?)) and infotainment system.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

I’m sure I’ve seen a list of firmware options, I think it was from the maker of a OBD programmer linked to from this forum. I suspect any owner mod could invalidate the warranty, VW could argue that the change was unauthorised and could alter the handling etc. I would like to make the steering more heavy, as it is rather light. And make the emergency braking less sensitive.
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

A friend of mine has OBDELEVEN and looked on there last night and said they have already got some tweaks on there for our model Polo. I will update when he next comes over and we shall see what we can do with it!
Aube
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEDSG

Post by Aube »

Hi,

I have Carista OBD and run the beta software that enables me to carry out modifications as well as test and feedback on new ones before they are launched officially. I sent Carista an email on Monday about the new Polo and the reply was that they haven’t had any experience with the car, so have requested a debug from my car so they can do some investigation and then they will update me.
Leoniums
New
Drives: 2018, Pure White, Highline, DSG

Post by Leoniums »

We wait for updates on this. I am really interested as well.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Thinking of getting one of these devices but would prefer one that works with an iphone or ipad. Any suggestion?
Aube
Bronze Member

Post by Aube »

Hi

I use the Carista app and it works perfectly on my iPhone and iPad. Once I’ve had the feedback from carista on using the app for the latest Polo I will update the forum. I have tried in on a 2018 Audi A1 and added needle sweep, and fog lights on turn. You can purchase the carista from Amazon and can sign up for 30 days pro access free, or £33.99 for a years access.

It’s a great tool and very easy to use.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Great , let us know if there are other tweaks possible. I am a bit worried that the dealer will be able to detect any messing around and make the warranty invalid.
Aube
Bronze Member

Post by Aube »

Hi

I’ve had a response from Carista technical support and it looks like the new Polo is similar to Seat Arona; at least electronic-wise. The configuration for both cars is only available in the beta version because they don't have enough feedback to release it in the official version. So they need owners to buy the OBD2 Adapter and App, then drop them an email to become a beta tester and send feedback on any of the many modifications. The Polo is not owned by me, so I’m reluctant to change anything in case the person who does disapproves and I end up in trouble!
jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

Aube wrote:Hi

I use the Carista app and it works perfectly on my iPhone and iPad. Once I’ve had the feedback from carista on using the app for the latest Polo I will update the forum. I have tried in on a 2018 Audi A1 and added needle sweep, and fog lights on turn. You can purchase the carista from Amazon and can sign up for 30 days pro access free, or £33.99 for a years access.

Hi, what's needle sweep?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

jylydesign wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:09 am
Aube wrote:Hi

Hi, what's needle sweep?

Needles sweep in action on a Polo 6r in this YouTube video;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HihHxvr_-UI
jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

Ah OK thanks, probably doesn't apply to a digital dash then!

SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

jylydesign wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:47 am Ah OK thanks, probably doesn't apply to a digital dash then!

It’s possible on the previous generation AID in the mk7.5 Golf;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxKthVbgWA

If it can be done on the first generation AID, don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible on the latest generation version in the Polo.