Current Lead Times?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Lyc
New
Drives: VW Polo R Line (Ordered)

Re: Current Lead Times?

Post by Lyc »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:35 am
Lyc wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:26 am Anyone else noticed that the VW Configurator no longer gives you the option to build a Polo? :?

Maybe trying to stem the volume of orders while they catch up or a sign of something bigger?
May have been a temporary ‘hiccup’, or perhaps VW took it offline during a quiet period (early hours of the morning) to make some changes. It seems to be working fine now. The only model of Polo not on the configuator is the GTI+, but that model has been missing for quite a few weeks now. You can still order one though.
Just checked and you're right, it's there again.

Interestingly, I *think* the spec might've changed?

I can see under standard equipment there's a mention of fatigue detection which I don't think was there before? Possibly a few other items or I might be imagining things :D

One thing I'm pretty sure of - they've changed / corrected the Winter Pack, which now says -

Winter Pack

Heated front seats
Washer fluid level indicator

So no front headlamp washers or heated windscreen washer jets which I believe didn't exist anyway...
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Lyc wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:35 am
Just checked and you're right, it's there again.

Interestingly, I *think* the spec might've changed?

I can see under standard equipment there's a mention of fatigue detection which I don't think was there before? Possibly a few other items or I might be imagining things :D

One thing I'm pretty sure of - they've changed / corrected the Winter Pack, which now says -

Winter Pack

Heated front seats
Washer fluid level indicator

So no front headlamp washers or heated windscreen washer jets which I believe didn't exist anyway...
I think that fatigue detection is the driver alert system. This was listed as part of the standard spec on the entry level Polo S in the 06/06/2018 price list, so should’ve been standard on all Polo models since the beginning of June or earlier (I don’t have copies of earlier price lists so can’t check if this was included pre-June).

The configurator has listed the Winter Pack content as Heated Front Seats and Washer Fluid Level Indicator for some time - highlighted by Cadwest on 10/06/2018 in another discussion thread;
Cadwest wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:31 pm Looks like they’ve removed headlight washers and heated windscreen washers from the winter pack according to the VW car builder.
The price list still hasn’t been corrected though.
Lyc
New

Post by Lyc »

Fair enough! Think I'm confusing the carwow configurator with the VW one!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Regarding the headlamp washers, if you ordered a car that had that on the brochure at the time, how would you stand if it arrived without them, would they just say that the spec has changed and there's nothing we can do about it?

Mine has it on the brochure I got with the car, I emailed the salesperson today about how to operate them and his reply was "Headlamp washers will automatically spray on about every third or fourth pull of the front washer switch. There is no separate button. The spray jet is hidden in the small flaps in the bumper below the headlamps." but as we all know, there are no flaps/washers.

Two other questions while I am here, front parking sensors, is there a way of making them act sooner? Mine seem to be nothing until you are almost touching something and then they go mad!! The second question is, interior sensor, the manual shows a button to press which disables it (if you want to leave a window down while parked for example) but I can't find that button anywhere. On my current car it's on the drivers door, on another car it was press twice on the key, once to lock, second press to disable the interior sensor?
john-k
New
Drives: Polo SEL AW

Post by john-k »

MilgeS wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:04 pm Regarding the headlamp washers, if you ordered a car that had that on the brochure at the time, how would you stand if it arrived without them, would they just say that the spec has changed and there's nothing we can do about it?

Mine has it on the brochure I got with the car, I emailed the salesperson today about how to operate them and his reply was "Headlamp washers will automatically spray on about every third or fourth pull of the front washer switch. There is no separate button. The spray jet is hidden in the small flaps in the bumper below the headlamps." but as we all know, there are no flaps/washers.

Two other questions while I am here, front parking sensors, is there a way of making them act sooner? Mine seem to be nothing until you are almost touching something and then they go mad!! The second question is, interior sensor, the manual shows a button to press which disables it (if you want to leave a window down while parked for example) but I can't find that button anywhere. On my current car it's on the drivers door, on another car it was press twice on the key, once to lock, second press to disable the interior sensor?
The interior sensor can only be disabled via the infotainment system. There seems to be no physical button. Just a bit of faffing about to switch it off. I unfortunately don't trust the manual very much as some pictures inside seem to reflect either the old Polo or a Golf. Even the cover of the manual teases us with a picture of 3 door version which obviously didn't make it out of the design labs back at VW :lol:
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

A 'fatigue detection system' is needed when ordering a Polo GTI+ [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Lyc
New

Post by Lyc »

MilgeS wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:04 pm Regarding the headlamp washers, if you ordered a car that had that on the brochure at the time, how would you stand if it arrived without them, would they just say that the spec has changed and there's nothing we can do about it?
I'm sure if you put pressure on the dealer, they'd be forced to compensate you in some way, either by price reduction or an extra freebie. I thought I saw someone else here mention they got a discount from their dealer (@barrywi?) for the winter pack for this reason.

Companies try to get out of taking responsibility by writing on their brochures the specs are just indicative/correct at time of printing but can be modified whenever they please without prior notice - in reality, I suspect you'd have a case for mis-selling since the item received didn't match the description given... if you were inclined to pursue.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Thanks for that, I'll have a look and see if I can find that post and the outcome of it, cheers.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Just got a cheque today for the TOTAL cost of the winter pack £285 via the dealer who pushed for it. VW have paid the dealer the compensation, cheque given to me via the dealer.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

MilgeS wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:36 am Thanks for that, I'll have a look and see if I can find that post and the outcome of it, cheers.
Mags

I got a discount and an assurance that the heated washer jets are there. I got the price of 2 services discount in the end. VW actually sanctioned it. I am sure despite assurances that the heated washer jets are not there. I am saving that one for the winter! I will swap that for the voice activation code.

I find dealing with my VW sales guys nice and politely gets me a long way.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

barrywi wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm Just got a cheque today for the TOTAL cost of the winter pack £285 via the dealer who pushed for it. VW have paid the dealer the compensation, cheque given to me via the dealer.
Nice one better than I did, so far, if I can get voice activation in the winter for the heated jets not being there will be acceptable. However I did really want heated jets, last winter I drove in the freezing weather and I had salt on my wind screen i drove from Dorchester to Orpington (best part of 31/2 hours) leaving at 04.30 and it was VVVVcold and VVVsalty on the roads my windscreen was white in about 1/2 hour, it was bone dry out with frozen water / jets I had no way of washing the windscreen except to get behind a lorry let some snow land on my car and get the wipers to clear the screen. TBH I was following a lorry tail lights only I could not see much more. it was a long dangerous drive that day, and I kind of wishing the heated jets would stop this happening next time.
Lyc
New

Post by Lyc »

I was also dreaming of days where I wouldn't have to wake up a half hour early to go out in the freezing cold and scrape ice off my car... :cry:

In all honesty, the heated washer jets was the only reason I took the Winter pack... heated seats are cool and a bit of a luxury, but definitely not 'essential' or worth the asking price for me!
Lyc
New

Post by Lyc »

Just had an update from my dealer today to say my build week should be week 41 (not confirmed) so they're hoping to have the car by week 48 (end of November) - hope this is accurate but definitely happy as 4 months is at least shorter than the original 22 week estimate! :D
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Lyc wrote:I was also dreaming of days where I wouldn't have to wake up a half hour early to go out in the freezing cold and scrape ice off my car... :cry:

In all honesty, the heated washer jets was the only reason I took the Winter pack... heated seats are cool and a bit of a luxury, but definitely not 'essential' or worth the asking price for me!
not sure if you've ever had them but once you have had heated seats you can never go back. warms you up beautifully on a freezing cold morning long before the cabin has warmed up via the heater.

david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:24 am
Lyc wrote:I was also dreaming of days where I wouldn't have to wake up a half hour early to go out in the freezing cold and scrape ice off my car... :cry:

not sure if you've ever had them but once you have had heated seats you can never go back. warms you up beautifully on a freezing cold morning long before the cabin has warmed up via the heater.

I’ve had them on 3 cars in the past and gone back to not having them. They are nice but more of a necessity with leather than cloth. I find a good few farts first thing is fine for cloth seats to warm up :lol:

The heated washer jets are only good if you put a strong concentrate of fluid in or it just freezes in the pipes anyway.