Current Lead Times?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Current Lead Times?

Post by SRGTD »

david.stark wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:17 am
johnpolo2 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:24 am
Lyc wrote:I was also dreaming of days where I wouldn't have to wake up a half hour early to go out in the freezing cold and scrape ice off my car... :cry:

In all honesty, the heated washer jets was the only reason I took the Winter pack... heated seats are cool and a bit of a luxury, but definitely not 'essential' or worth the asking price for me!
not sure if you've ever had them but once you have had heated seats you can never go back. warms you up beautifully on a freezing cold morning long before the cabin has warmed up via the heater.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
I’ve had them on 3 cars in the past and gone back to not having them. They are nice but more of a necessity with leather than cloth. I find a good few farts first thing is fine for cloth seats to warm up :lol:

The heated washer jets are only good if you put a strong concentrate of fluid in or it just freezes in the pipes anyway.
@david.stark; agree with this (not the farting bit though! 🙂). I’ve not ever found cloth seats cold enough during the cooler/colder months that I’ve wished I had heated seats, although I can appreciate that some people may like warm seats.

IMO heated washer jets aren’t that useful; if you’ve got winter strength washer fluid concentrate, you shouldn’t really have issues with the washer fluid freezing, so making heated jets unnecessary. Also, as VW position the washer jets under the edge of the bonnet, they’re not so exposed to cold air flow in the same way as they would be if they were surface mounted on the bonnet - so reducing the risk of freezing. And as you’ve said, if the washer fluid isn’t winter strength and it freezes in pipes, heated washer jets will be of no use anyway.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

I too have heated washer jets, never noticed any difference, never had fluid freeze on other cars anyhoo. Heated seats pretty useful, though I mostly forget to use 'em. Getting back on main thread topic: the new Mk8 Golf is due out in June, be interesting to compare delivery estimates, price & spec with the Polo which will probably have been updated spec-wise by then. I.e. some 'extras' likely to be standard kit. Rumours say in line with 'current fashion', the Mk8 Golf will be bigger than the current model which would prob swing it towards the Polo for me as garage fit is pretty marginal already....
Last edited by stevereeves on Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Yes, it will be interesting to see what waiting times / lead times on the new Golf will be. What we’re seeing on the Polo in terms of lead times is similar to what happened with the mk7 Golf factory orders in the early months of its production, although the current impact of WLTP has made the situation worse with the Polo.

WLTP is also having an adverse impact on lead times for the Golf, as none of the Golf models have yet been type approved under WLTP.

2020 model year spec changes for the Polo will be interesting. Yes, some of the current options may become part of standard spec and certain non-UK options may become available in the UK as extra cost options (e.g. Beats audio sound system available on non-Beats models?). Don’t be surprised if there are also some items removed from the current spec as model year ‘upgrades’ can also result in deletion of certain features; over the life of the mk7/mk7.5 Golf, there have been a number of small cost cutting downgrades in spec (little things that customers may not immediately notice) - e.g.;
- plastic covers hiding the door mirror fixings no longer fitted
- Isofix mounting point covers deleted (these may have been re-added?)
- soft lidded battery cover no longer fitted
- under seat storage drawers deleted
- chrome trim removed from window switches (2019 MY change)