Advice from existing SE owners

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Advice from existing SE owners

Post by david.stark »

Guys, can someone tell me the load rating from the tyre wall of the SE please?

The standard tyres are 185/65/15 and I’m ordering some winter tyres but could do with knowing the load rating first.

Had winter tyres on my cars for the last few years and would never be without a set while ever I can afford the outlay.

After studying many reviews from critics and owners, I’m going for Hankook i*cept RS2 W452. Stunning reviews and massive improvement over their last effort. £175 for a full set.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: Advice from existing SE owners

Post by silverhairs »

I've not got my Polo yet, but all the information about the tyre rating is on the side wall of your tyre. It's not just a 185/65/15

On my Nissan Note at the moment I have 185/55R 16 83V, that is the correct tyre for the Note. Just look at the side wall of the tyres fitted to your Polo.

On the pillar that both doors close on (B?), don't you have a manufactures label informing you what specific tyres to use, and the front and rear tyre pressures to have with either 2 occupants or 4 occupants with luggage?
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

I don’t have my Polo yet which is why I am looking for advice from existing owners. I know where to find the details on the tyres once in possession of the car but was hoping to order winter tyres today while the offer is still on. So if any SE owners can advise that would be great.

Thanks
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

You might want to look at all weather tyres such as Michelin Cross Climate which are almost as good as summer tyres in the dry and wet, but are much better in the cold and on snow, albeit not as good as true winter tyres. If you live in the UK the chances are that the Cross Climates or similar will do you just fine. They are also said (by almost everyone) to have low noise and a decent ride.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Had them on a Golf and they are good but I only chose those because the tyres it came with were getting low on tread and I opted for them as an all rounder.

The Polo will be brand new and have brand new summer tyres so I’m going down the winter tyre road which are cheaper than cross climates anyway.

Thanks
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

David, go to your local VW dealer and see if they have a Polo SE in the showroom for you to look at, if not just phone around the others in your area :idea: worth a trip out.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

I won’t have time prior to Friday so I’ll hold fire until then unless an SE owner spots this and has chance to have a quick look on their tyres.

Thanks
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Phone them up :?:
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Tried that but they were rather busy and the guy I spoke to sounded a bit confused so I thought it was worth asking on here anyway.

Chased him up and he apologised and said he thought I’d said SEL and could not find any information as there are none of those in stock.

88 is the answer and the speed rating is H. The nearest equivalent that I shall order is 88T.

Thanks
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

I assume you swap the tyres over in early winter then. Doesn’t that cost money?
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Yes but only £40 all in
Leif
Silver Member

Post by Leif »

david.stark wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:32 pm Yes but only £40 all in
Okay, that’s not so bad if you want/need summer and winter tyres.