TSI badge

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
AliP95
New
Drives: SEL 115 Reef Blue

TSI badge

Post by AliP95 »

Has anyone's polo come with a TSI badge? If so, how? I just recieved a 115bhp SEL polo but no badge! Was looking forward to having it with the red I, and I never ticked the badge deletion option.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: TSI badge

Post by silverhairs »

Have you phoned the sales guy and asked him? I've looked at a few polo's, but not seen a TSI with a red I, I thought that was for GTI's only :?:
AliP95
New
Drives: SEL 115 Reef Blue

Post by AliP95 »

None of the GTI photos I've seen on this forum even have it! Maybe the photos I've seen of the TSI badge were on European polos...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

I haven’t seen any U.K. Polos with TSI badging. They just seem to come with Polo on the rear. Unless you have GTI and then it’s only GTI which appears.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

With the earlier cars that came with the TSI badges fitted, I've always thought it was a bit cheap not to stuff a red "I" on the higher powered options, probably still thinking that way, takes me a few years to change things!
I have not measured the Golf TSI badges but they do look a bit bigger than the 6R/6C Polo ones, and some Golfs get a red "I" on their badges!
Three years almost into my wife's Polo's life and I'm still thinking about under seat bin(s), okay she does not want them and they probably can only hold a Hi Vis vest, but for me that is good enough, personal freedom of choice as to what you add to your (wife's) car!

Edit:- I suppose the TSI badges have gone to save money and because unless you drive a smelly fuel car, they are all TSI now.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

There must be some earlier Polo's with TSI badges in the breakers yards, purchase a badge and with enamel paint the "I" yourself, doing it with a second hand badge, is, if you mess it up, it doesn't matter, but if you do a good job of painting stick it on with double sided tape.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that they are just 3 individual letters, much scope for mounting them squint, but easier to paint/spray letter(s) red.

Dacron lacing is very good for removing these bits of trim.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

I have a dash cam and you can fix them to the window with sticky pads. and they recommend that if you want to remove them, use denture floss. Everybody must have some in the house, unless you wear dentures :(
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

I have too much Dacron lacing so I'll stick with using that, it is exceedingly strong!
Mint_tea
New
Drives: SEL & SE

Post by Mint_tea »

Hi
If you want a TSi badge I see they are available on Amazon. 😬

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Emblem-Styling ... ccessories
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Well spotted Mint_Tea, this will please a few members. Now they will start wondering the exact place to fix them, and the spacing?
Mint_tea
New
Drives: SEL & SE

Post by Mint_tea »

silverhairs wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:27 pm Well spotted Mint_Tea, this will please a few members. Now they will start wondering the exact place to fix them, and the spacing?
It’s strange that outside of the UK on mainland Europe they go by Trendline(S?), Comfortline(SE?), Highline(SEL?), Rline & GTi. On the frontside body panels they all come with a logo. Maybe model branding is not considered important in the UK market below Rline.
EmiLiuZ
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2,0 DSG

Post by EmiLiuZ »

Hi everyone

I'm pretty sure that I've seen several polos in Denmark with the TSI badge. It might just be a UK thing?