Mapping the fuses - need your help!

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Mapping the fuses - need your help!

Post by iichel »

Hi guys,

So I'm currently making an overview of all the fuses on the new Polo AW.
I would be in your debt forever if you could help me out with the following:

pictures of the fuse holders:
- On the battery
- In the engine compartment
- In the passenger compartment

I would like to have the pictures clear so the amp rating of the fuses is clear and the numbering is clear.
This way I can deduce de amp ratings of the fuses and map the numbers more easily.

Please post all the pictures you can make, and preferably worthy for a the added overview.

I already have the fuses and the descriptions, just need the positions and ratings.

#teamukpolos :mrgreen:

have a look at the document (WIP) --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z8mr- ... AvUgbrlfJ_
FL07_HER
New
Drives: 2011 1.2L Polo S 6r

Re: Mapping the fuses - need your help!

Post by FL07_HER »

You should be able to work out the amperage based on the colour of the fuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel

Post by iichel »

yes but for that, I'll also need some photos... ;)
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Go down to your local dealer and ask if you can take photo's from their demo cars? Tell them it's for the official VW Polo forum, they should be happy to help you out
iichel

Post by iichel »

I'm putting my faith in the community to help out. It's not that much of an effort to make some photos and upload them.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

It's not much of an effort to take yourself down to the dealers. Your a bit like my Mrs, she gets the good idea's and gets other to do the donkey work.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:46 pm It's not much of an effort to take yourself down to the dealers.
It’s not much of an effort for new Polo owners to take some photos of the fuse holders and post them up as iichel has asked either.

It’s for the benefit of forum members, so that the likes of iichel, ciclo and other technically adept members will be able to provide valuable technical support to members on this forum board, in the same way that they do for members on other forum boards.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

FL07_HER wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:57 pm You should be able to work out the amperage based on the colour of the fuse

iichel is not stupid !!

Also some colours are a bit vague even worse when pictured by a smart phone which is now everyone's camera!
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:38 pm
silverhairs wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:46 pm It's not much of an effort to take yourself down to the dealers.
It’s not much of an effort for new Polo owners to take some photos of the fuse holders and post them up as iichel has asked either.

It’s for the benefit of forum members, so that the likes of iichel, ciclo and other technically adept members will be able to provide valuable technical support to members on this forum board, in the same way that they do for members on other forum boards.
Exactly, some people are missing that point!
iichel

Post by iichel »

Yeah, maybe it's good to clarify some stuff.
I'm trying to make a document that's accessible to all the visitors of this forum. This way you'll have a quick overview of all the fuses, in case one of them fails.
Just like we did for the earlier models --> https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=71052

I've already spent a good few hours on determining the function of each fuse, it's scrolling back and forth in a PDF with all the wiring diagrams and double- and triple-check everything.
It's not like I'm being lazy, I already did quite a lot of work. You can see the work in progress in the link in the topic start.

All I need now is someone to make some photos so I can deduce the values of the fuses and add a schematic or something to determine the fuse's position in the fuse box.

Just to clarify, I'm in no way doing this for myself or my own benefit. it's a service to you as a community. Therefore I'm asking you guys to help me out here.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

RUM4MO wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:25 pm
FL07_HER wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:57 pm You should be able to work out the amperage based on the colour of the fuse

iichel is not stupid !!

Also some colours are a bit vague even worse when pictured by a smart phone which is now everyone's camera!
Where did I say iichel was an idiot, far from it, get an idea and get other members do the running around, just because I suggested he goes down his local dealer and get his own photos, the old guard all gang up around him. OK if people send in photo's of 2017 fuse boxes, it's not the point, this is a forum for the New 2018 Polo, so why would they want to know the details of a electrical fuse box off a 2017 Polo?

THE NEW POLO HAS 3 YEARS WARRANTY. why would people try and work out problems with their electrical system, while it's still under warranty???

Just because a new member dis agrees with one of the old guard, don't take it as a negative point of view.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

silverhairs wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:13 pm
RUM4MO wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:25 pm

iichel is not stupid !!

Where did I say iichel was an idiot, far from it, get an idea and get other members do the running around, just because I suggested he goes down his local dealer and get his own photos, the old guard all gang up around him. OK if people send in photo's of 2017 fuse boxes, it's not the point, this is a forum for the New 2018 Polo, so why would they want to know the details of a electrical fuse box off a 2017 Polo?

THE NEW POLO HAS 3 YEARS WARRANTY. why would people try and work out problems with their electrical system, while it's still under warranty???

Just because a new member dis agrees with one of the old guard, don't take it as a negative point of view.
Sorry I quoted IDIOT, should have been stupid
iichel

Post by iichel »

silverhairs wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:13 pm get other members do the running around
May I just clarify that I've spend about two to three hours carefully tracing wiring diagrams to find the info I need.
I just need someone to take a few minutes of their time and make some photos and upload them. That's all I'm asking.

I think these schemes will not only be useful for people that want to replace a fuse themselves, but also for people looking to tap a dashcam, subwoofer, GPS tracker etc into their cars.
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

If people want to tap the fuse box to fit a dash cam, you can bet your bottom dollar you'll find it on you tube, everything is there you need to know? or even you can read the instructions in the dash cam box. also you have to remember when taking it straight from the fuse box, it needs a reduction lead, as most dash cams don't run on 12v
When fitting the piggy back the general feeling about is to fit it to the rear wash wipe which I think is 15a? But the correct piggy back will have a 10a fuse.
The rear wash wipe is used as when the ignitions off so is the wash wipe, it only alive when the ignition is on an the rear wash wipe is rarely used
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I will be looking to refit the Thinkware F770 dual dashcam that I stripped out of the Audi A1 it replaced. With monitoring mode when parked, it needs an always on live and a switched live.

If i'd had the time today i'd have taken photos rather than flippantly calling the very reasonable request "lazy".

As it was, I spent most of the afternoon washing and sealing my poorly neglected Golf R, not before having a good go at polishing out the bird poop etched clear coat.

I need to find out how to access the fuse box on the new Polo - on the A1 you had to pop out a trim piece that capped the 2 ends of the dash. On the Golf you sweezed some impossibly stiff tabs to drop the glovebox and the fusebox sits behind. One needs trip removal tools, the other requires incredibly strong thumbs!
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.