Audio won't go quiet when reversing message

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Audio won't go quiet when reversing message

Post by MilgeS »

This has confused me, I'm not making a call and the car is off!

When I selected reverse the car is set to reduce volume to 1 but it didn't, when I checked the settings the option to reduce volume was greyed out and this message appeared, anyone encountered this before?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Attachments
20180804_185027.jpg
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Audio won't go quiet when reversing message

Post by SRGTD »

You’ve said you selected reverse when the ignition was off / the engine wasn’t running. I wouldn’t expect the volume to reduce without the engine running when reverse is selected. What happens when the engine is running and you select reverse gear? Does the volume reduce then, as it should if volume level is set to 1 when reversing?
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Re: Audio won't go quiet when reversing message

Post by MilgeS »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:19 am You’ve said you selected reverse when the ignition was off / the engine wasn’t running. I wouldn’t expect the volume to reduce without the engine running when reverse is selected. What happens when the engine is running and you select reverse gear? Does the volume reduce then, as it should if volume level is set to 1 when reversing?
Sorry, I meant to say I had finished parking and it didn't become selectable even after I had turned the car off and back on.

The sound doesn't reduce in any situation, I am trying to turn it down when I do select reverse, this photo shows the "greyed out" option.

I have also noticed even when the car is on neutral the Park Pilot is showing the yellow zone at the front, I think it may be a sensor problem, strange thing is it was fine but I made a call yesterday and since then it has been playing up.
Attachments
20180805_111431.jpg