Factory Delays

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Factory Delays

Post by S_94 »

My dealer said anything November 5th onwards (regarding a build date), which is pretty vague. Was also told March-May before my GTI will turn up and even then I'm not confident.
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Hmm 5Th November --- The day to Burn things and set off FireWorks !!! ;)
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Just read the posts on this forum to get other peoples experiences ,if you have lots of spare time!.
Never believe anything vw uk tell you would be my tip no 1.
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Just been to dealer today. He tells me that my GTI+ starting to move and is being built now but the configurator wont show anything until the new year. Then it will jump a few steps. A delivery March.
He says its not all WLTP and UK deliveries are much much slower than the continent. No new orders until backlog cleared. We will see!!!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

I know you've all been waiting too long for your Polo's. I'm expecting mine about a week before Christmas after waiting since last May.
The only thing is, it will be a "68" plate, one thing with a March delivery, you'll have a "19" plate :D
c4s2rs6
New
Drives: Ordered GTI+

Factory Delays

Post by c4s2rs6 »

My Polo GTI+ was ordered in January 18 and it has a provisional unconfirmed build week of week 7 2019. If it does not slip further it will be about 14-15 months between order and arrival!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moley
New
Drives: 1.0 SEL 115 DSG

Post by moley »

I've finally gotten a build week for mine of 21/01/19, ordered it back in June. I suppose on the positive side, that should make it a 19 plate. They've also moved me onto the newer finance deal with lower interest and an extra £500 deposit contribution which is nice - reduces my monthly payments by about £25
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

Mines been built. Tracking the ship from South Africa, it first docked in EBDEN on the 26th Nov, departed there and then docked in BREMERHAVEN on the 28th Nov, departed there today (29th) and going back down to ZEEBROUGGE? Wouldn't it have been easier to load the ship as to go to ZEEBROUGGE first? Can see why it takes 7 - 8 weeks to get to a British port :roll:
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

silverhairs wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:42 pm Mines been built. Tracking the ship from South Africa, it first docked in EBDEN on the 26th Nov, departed there and then docked in BREMERHAVEN on the 28th Nov, departed there today (29th) and going back down to ZEEBROUGGE? Wouldn't it have been easier to load the ship as to go to ZEEBROUGGE first? Can see why it takes 7 - 8 weeks to get to a British port :roll:
I see that you are in Lincolnshire. The ship you are tracking to Zeebrugge may not be coming to Grimsby! :: I suspect your car has been dropped off in Emden, where it will be put on a smaller ship, before it travels to the UK

What is the name of the ship ? (just curious..)
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

albob wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:42 pm
silverhairs wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:42 pm Mines been built. Tracking the ship from South Africa, it first docked in EBDEN on the 26th Nov, departed there and then docked in BREMERHAVEN on the 28th Nov, departed there today (29th) and going back down to ZEEBROUGGE? Wouldn't it have been easier to load the ship as to go to ZEEBROUGGE first? Can see why it takes 7 - 8 weeks to get to a British port :roll:
I see that you are in Lincolnshire. The ship you are tracking to Zeebrugge may not be coming to Grimsby! :: I suspect your car has been dropped off in Emden, where it will be put on a smaller ship, before it travels to the UK

"GLOVIS SUMMIT"
silverhairs
Gold Member

Post by silverhairs »

silverhairs wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:48 am
albob wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:42 pm

"GLOVIS SUMMIT"
Your right, it was taken off at the Emden port and is now going through and on it's final checks. The dealer sales guy will email me and let me know when and what ship it's on as soon as he get the details :D
TomasSEL
New
Drives: Reef Blue Manual SEL

Post by TomasSEL »

Got my Confirmed Build Date of Week Commencing 4/2/2019.Ordered October 25th.Things are progressing it seems
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

How does someone who ordered a car as recently as October get a build week confirmed ahead of someone who ordered back in July...and probably earlier than that?
TomasSEL
New
Drives: Reef Blue Manual SEL

Post by TomasSEL »

No idea.Just letting people know my situation.As thought that was the point of the Forum.Ask your Dealer.Also I didn't order a GTI,may have something to do with it
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

peeceeuk wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:03 am How does someone who ordered a car as recently as October get a build week confirmed ahead of someone who ordered back in July...and probably earlier than that?
Perhaps they are not a UK customer, perhaps they are hopping on an order already placed, perhaps they are ordering a model that's already been sorted for WLTP before the order was placed (not a GTI), perhaps they are ordering a trim level that doesn't have any allocation limitations (not a GTI).

There are a lot of possibilities assuming that there is a logical reason for VW build schedules.

A "confirmed" build week 10 or 11 weeks in the future doesn't sound right. Estimated but not confirmed I would imagine. VW don't confirm a build week as definitely going ahead until 4 weeks prior to build week.