Wiper Blades

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Wiper Blades

Post by monkeyhanger »

As stock wipers are Bosch Aerotwin and the car is so new and under warranty, I see little value in replacing out of your own pocket with another set of the same type. They're not worth replacing at all unless fallout or other decontamination has wrecked the blade lips.

In the past, i've had poor wipers on 3 or 4 of my VWs bought new and they were Valeo brand (Belgian).

For those with continued juddering (mine cleared up with no intervention after a few hours of rain), are you using a wax wash or other fast-glass type products? Did you try to decontaminate?
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Mine went to local VW dealer today with wiper issue they blamed the dealer I bought from for coating the screen with something, the dealer I bought from have said they have another car with the same issue from another dealer . VW customer service say they know nothing about any other vehicles having issues . They have raised a investigation and will get back to me within 3 days. Let’s see ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

My dealer has emailed me back to say he will run it past management to see if they are willing to reimburse me for the new wipers I’ve bought.
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

Dealer has just emailed to say they will reimburse me for the wipers :D

He said ironically that they use Bosch wipers at the dealership anyway and apologised for the service department not sorting it.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

At the moment there seems to be two posts on wiper blade judder. If you look at the other post, I have explained about the 2018 Polo's wiper arm spring is stronger than the 2017 wiper arm spring, holding the blade too hard against the screen. not allowing the blade to flip flop on the screen. Might be a valid point?
kmm249
Getting There!
Drives: 2018

Post by kmm249 »

When I took mine to the dealer I was told to monitor and take videos of my issues. I have got videos to prove my wiper issue so when it goes back in they can see proof of how bad it is.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

First proper rain today since having wipers replaced, no difference at all. I'm going to buy some Bosch and see if they work, if they do I'll be back to the dealership to show them!

Update :- Halfords didn't have any in store and said they would be £48, so just ordered a set from Amazon for £18.94 to be here Tuesday, shame because I have Halfords vouchers to use but will see what they are like when we get some rain.