Crash

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Re: Crash

Post by brainbow »

Just a quick update. My car is still at the garage. Been there since Aug 20th. The hold up seems to be a new front wing which is on back order.....

Been two and half weeks now since I last saw my R-Line.
Waited 5 months for it. Had it 6 weeks before the taxi hit me and now the new regs are out! Typical.

Anyway fingers crossed as the garage say they hope the parts will arrive next week........
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

brainbow wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:10 pm Just a quick update. My car is still at the garage. Been there since Aug 20th. The hold up seems to be a new front wing which is on back order.....

Been two and half weeks now since I last saw my R-Line.
Waited 5 months for it. Had it 6 weeks before the taxi hit me and now the new regs are out! Typical.

Anyway fingers crossed as the garage say they hope the parts will arrive next week........
So unfortunate for you. I had forgotten the 68 plates are out now. our 18 plate cars are old and need replacing lol. mine is 3 months old now. Seriously my county council employees change their company cars at every plate change so they get a new car every 6 months! that comes out of our council tax!!! Hope you get your car back quickly.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

Good news.

4 weeks to the day it went in, collected it today. Excellent job. No idea of the work that’s been done, which was:
New front passenger wing
New full wing mirror unit and attachments
New passenger window and seals
Various small dents and scratches out of the door

To be fair probably an easy job for a decent body shop. The 4 weeks was due to the wing panel being on back order for nearly 3 weeks!

Anyway after 4 weeks apart we were reunited today and it’s like having a new car all over again!!

Very happy driver again.

Cheers!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Glad you’ve got it back and you’re happy with the repair.

Now you can get back to driving it and enjoying it! 👍