Keyless entry fault

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
WillWord
Getting There!
Drives: SEL 1.00 TSI 115 DSG

Keyless entry fault

Post by WillWord »

Just had fault come up via MFD awaiting trip to dealers, car only 3 months old.
KEYLESS FAULT.jpg
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Keyless entry fault

Post by monkeyhanger »

Is the fault apparent with both keys or just one? You might hsve a dodgy key (or duff battery) rather than spmething attached to the car being defective. Recognition of me using the handle to lock/unlock the car is a bit hit or miss with mine - but no fault indicated with the car.
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:40 pm Is the fault apparent with both keys or just one? You might hsve a dodgy key (or duff battery) rather than spmething attached to the car being defective. Recognition of me using the handle to lock/unlock the car is a bit hit or miss with mine - but no fault indicated with the car.
Regarding the recognition, I discovered on my Audi with keyless that when touching the square sensor on the handle to lock the car, you should keep your hand off the handle otherwise it struggles to recognise you.

When unlocking, there’s a very brief delay when placing your hand on the handle before it unlocks. No touching of the sensor required.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:40 pm Is the fault apparent with both keys or just one? You might hsve a dodgy key (or duff battery) rather than spmething attached to the car being defective. Recognition of me using the handle to lock/unlock the car is a bit hit or miss with mine - but no fault indicated with the car.
Yes both keys produce same results (or lack of) until yesterday keyless entry was working perfectly, never had any issues.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

could be anything really. faulty kessy module, faulty antenna, faulty button.
i'd suggest to get a diagnostic device (or find someone that has one) and ask the module what's wrong. usually it will tell you quite quickly what the problem is.
WillWord
Getting There!

Post by WillWord »

iichel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:21 pm could be anything really. faulty kessy module, faulty antenna, faulty button.
i'd suggest to get a diagnostic device (or find someone that has one) and ask the module what's wrong. usually it will tell you quite quickly what the problem is.

It's booked in next Wednesday so will wait to see what they find, strange thing had four people in the car last night, everything is working normal again, thinking back on when it first developed the fault I was going over uneven ground and car was bouncing a bit, could something be loose?