Anyone know how I can track the boat my car on

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Anyone know how I can track the boat my car on

Post by Kittycat »

My car was due to be being built tomorrow
I log in to track and it’s in transit 😱
I read somewhere some tracked the boat their car was on, anyone know how I would do this

If I’m lucky maybe see my car soon
Lyc
New
Drives: VW Polo R Line (Ordered)

Re: Anyone know how I can track the boat my car on

Post by Lyc »

If you managed to get the name of the vessel (presumably from VW live chat), you could use a site such as www.marinetraffic.com to search for it and find out where it currently is and where it's headed.
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

Kittycat wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:05 pm My car was due to be being built tomorrow
I log in to track and it’s in transit 😱
I read somewhere some tracked the boat their car was on, anyone know how I would do this

If I’m lucky maybe see my car soon
I wouldn't fully trust the tracker app.

I'd check with VW live chat, have your order number, model and colour to hand. They have the most accurate information.

If you've been given a build week, then it will most probably be that week. They don't get pulled forward. Once it's been built (around 7-10 days) it'll be sat waiting to be taken to docks (another couple of days) And then it'll be sat in the docks for around 14 days before been put on a boat. Only then once it's been got on boat will VW know the vessel name, and as Lyc says, www.marinetraffic.com is your place to find it's journey. I navigated to. Vessels > All Vessels > (Quick Search for your assigned vessel) > Click the boat name > Route Forecast

Roughly another 10-14 days on the boat (mine made 2 stops) before arriving to Emden, Germany, where it'll await another boat to UK (another 2-3day) before arriving at the dealership, which then will be another 7 days before pick it up.

So my reckoning, you'll be sat in it, in 6 weeks?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Whether it was the urgency of needing to be here in the UK and registered by Aug 15th or not, mine was one of a few BW23 Polos here (inc Barrywi) that didn't hang around at any stage of the post-build processes. It was on a ship about 3 days after build, was in Emden only a day or 2 and mine was at the dealers from the dock within 3 or 4 days - pretty quick.

I think VW will be itching to get the next tranche of cars out to customers ASAP when building restarts (which will still feel like an age from South Africa).