Finally arrived

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
pologtikid
New
Drives: Polo GTI on order

Finally arrived

Post by pologtikid »

Well kind off ... go so fed up with vw and the delays ....decided to cancel the order ........

This arrived within 2 weeks of placing the order

M140i

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Finally arrived

Post by SRGTD »

Nice! How does the spec compare to the Polo GTI you had on order? Presumably the BMW’s a car that was already built and within the UK dealer network for it to be at the dealers within two weeks. I don’t think even BMW would be able to build and ship a new factory order to a UK dealer in two weeks.

Safe driving; I don’t know what you’re currently driving but with the M1 being a powerful RWD car, don’t drive it too enthusiastically on wet, greasy roads, otherwise the back end might try and overtake the front end!
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

See you got one of the last M140i another victim of the WLTP, two of my family have also bought it due to the 6 cylinder 3 litre being replaced by a four pot and now named 135i instead. The cars a monster and makes my Gti look slow, my brother loves it and it’s the first car he has not remapped in ages as it does not need it, your going to really enjoy it 😁
pologtikid
New

Post by pologtikid »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:06 pm Nice! How does the spec compare to the Polo GTI you had on order? Presumably the BMW’s a car that was already built and within the UK dealer network for it to be at the dealers within two weeks. I don’t think even BMW would be able to build and ship a new factory order to a UK dealer in two weeks.

Safe driving; I don’t know what you’re currently driving but with the M1 being a powerful RWD car, don’t drive it too enthusiastically on wet, greasy roads, otherwise the back end might try and overtake the front end!
Well I've gone from a 68bhp Toyota aygo so a big jump ,the car was a stock car I terms of spec it's a shadow edition with HK sou d system and lots of other stuff

Pluse these extras

Media pro
Reversing camera
Lumbar Support
Heated Seats
Park Distance Front and rear

Getting about 32 mpg on normal driving mode
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Not really my cup of tea (prefer the proportions/ looks of the bigger BMWs), but WLTP issues aside, BMW used to be able to provide you with a fresh car to your spec a mere 8 weeks after ordering - VW could learn a lot from them!

It'll be a beast, but make sure you get some winter tyres on that RWD car to keep it in check in a few months.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Good for the OP, got them a car they are happy with and in reasonable time. There's probably a moral in there somewhere :D ....
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

pologtikid wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:18 pm Well kind off ... go so fed up with vw and the delays ....decided to cancel the order ........

This arrived within 2 weeks of placing the order

M140i
Great choice of car. Enjoy! :D
pologtikid
New

Post by pologtikid »

Thanks for the coments ,would have been happy enough with the polo but delay after delay ...
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

When you cancelled your order, did you loose your deposit? That BMW looks very nice, don't worry what other members tell you. Jealousy will get them nowhere :D
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Nice BMW a definite upgrade on the polo. not even in the same class really. :D