Problem Car

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
wizzywig27
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Re: Problem Car

Post by wizzywig27 »

kmm249 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:53 pm Glad to hear you got somewhere with them

Enjoy your new car! What you had?
How you getting on? Any update?
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

I second that, how things?
kmm249
Getting There!
Drives: 2018

Post by kmm249 »

Hi everyone!

Sorry been offline, Ive been not very well and had a trip to hospital.

Had no such luck so far!

VW excetive team have closed their case as they have said its between us and Parkway. Gave them bad feedback survey as they were less than helpful in sorting the mess out. They proceed to tell me off for having a dashcam in whilst the vehicle was in. I proceed to answer that with the dealership told me it was ok to leave my dashcam in so I could see what they doing. I also told them I was not happy about the dealer had my car being work on under another car up on ramp lifted up. Not at all bothered....

My complaint to VWFS that was put in on 24th September, has yet to be investigated when I rang last week and said it will start to be investigated. Ive keep calling since but my case handler is always busy and never rings back.

I am getting in contact with CEOs now and going to be speaking with solicitors about it. Another car payment has gone out and ive not driven the car since 3rd September. I'm now paying for another insurance on a family member's car to use to get around. If anyone has got an CEO email addresses I would be much thankful!

My patience with VWFS has worn out now....
wizzywig27
Getting There!

Post by wizzywig27 »

My rejection went through ok, I received all my deposit back and my £149 servicing.

My partner is now going through the same process.

Bear in mind if you haven’t already advised you wish to reject based on the seatbelt recall then the ship has sailed on that as the fix is now announced so they are not accepting anymore rejections for that reason.
kmm249
Getting There!
Drives: 2018

Post by kmm249 »

I did try that but woman at VW was having none of it was even though I said I need the five seats. The temp fix still hasn’t been carried out.

I started the rejection process on 13th September and still fighting for them to accept it under Consumer Rights Act. I’ve contact some solicitors to double check where I stand legal and hoping that a letter from a solicitor might get them to accept the rejection.

I will never buy VAG group car again, VWFS has been terrible at investigating my complaint and you can’t find out what they are doing to investigate.

I’m shocked at such a brand can be so bad at customer service. I’ve even left a bad review on the dealership Facebook page but no response to that either.

The only fault that really been recognised is wipers as they had to replace wiper blades. Other faults they are saying they can’t find. Still haven’t investigated the handbrake fault.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

kmm249 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 pm Hi everyone!

Had no such luck so far!

VW excetive team have closed their case as they have said its between us and Parkway. Gave them bad feedback survey as they were less than helpful in sorting the mess out. They proceed to tell me off for having a dashcam in whilst the vehicle was in. I proceed to answer that with the dealership told me it was ok to leave my dashcam in so I could see what they doing. I also told them I was not happy about the dealer had my car being work on under another car up on ramp lifted up. Not at all bothered....

My complaint to VWFS that was put in on 24th September, has yet to be investigated when I rang last week and said it will start to be investigated. Ive keep calling since but my case handler is always busy and never rings back.

I am getting in contact with CEOs now and going to be speaking with solicitors about it. Another car payment has gone out and ive not driven the car since 3rd September. I'm now paying for another insurance on a family member's car to use to get around. If anyone has got an CEO email addresses I would be much thankful!

My patience with VWFS has worn out now.
So presumably the car is on finance or some kind of PCP scheme, in that case get in touch with your bank or whoever you account is with, they can usually help. Also, if you haven't already, contact local Trading Stanrards and a solicitor, but defo get sound legal advice. Good luck....
wizzywig27
Getting There!

Post by wizzywig27 »

stevereeves wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:18 am
kmm249 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 pm Hi everyone!

Had no such luck so far!

My patience with VWFS has worn out now.
So presumably the car is on finance or some kind of PCP scheme, in that case get in touch with your bank or whoever you account is with, they can usually help. Also, if you haven't already, contact local Trading Stanrards and a solicitor, but defo get sound legal advice. Good luck....
Why would a bank get involved with this? :roll:
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

Credit card co. prob more likely to help, mine did once & got me a full refund :D . I sure as heck woudn't keep, or keep paying for, a car I wasn't happy with due to defects :x ....
wizzywig27
Getting There!

Post by wizzywig27 »

User has signed a credit agreement, nothing at all to do with a bank.

Section 75 has nothing whatsoever to do with a PCP agreement.

Also, please do not suggest the user does not pay for the car as choosing to do so may impact on her ability to apply for credit elsewhere and may lead to additional costs and also court action etc. There are ways of dealing with this without resorting to not paying
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

wizzywig27 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:46 pm User has signed a credit agreement, nothing at all to do with a bank.

Also, please do not suggest the user does not pay for the car as choosing to do so may impact on her ability to apply for credit elsewhere and may lead to additional costs and also court action etc. There are ways of dealing with this without resorting to not paying
I don't invloved in online spats, I surf the 'net for fun & info, but I for one wasn't suggesting the OP witheld payment. Forget the exact details, it was 8 years ago, but I had huge probs with a new car (major electrical issues), neither dealer nor manufacturer were remotely interested, one day while talking to my bank, I mentioned how hacked off I was with the car, was put onto a nice man at the credit card co. legal dept, put the wheels in motion and helped secure me a full refund. 8 weeks after dumping the car I got a recall letter, turns out faulty control modules caused the probs I and others experienced, but it was too late for so many reasons. In a situation like this, probs with expensive new car, speak to anyone and everyone, it's often some minor detail which can help solve whatever problem you are experiencing....
wizzywig27
Getting There!

Post by wizzywig27 »

stevereeves wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:35 pm
wizzywig27 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:46 pm User has signed a credit agreement, nothing at all to do with a bank.

I don't invloved in online spats, I surf the 'net for fun & info, but I for one wasn't suggesting the OP witheld payment. Forget the exact details, it was 8 years ago, but I had huge probs with a new car (major electrical issues), neither dealer nor manufacturer were remotely interested, one day while talking to my bank, I mentioned how hacked off I was with the car, was put onto a nice man at the credit card co. legal dept, put the wheels in motion and helped secure me a full refund. 8 weeks after dumping the car I got a recall letter, turns out faulty control modules caused the probs I and others experienced, but it was too late for so many reasons. In a situation like this, probs with expensive new car, speak to anyone and everyone, it's often some minor detail which can help solve whatever problem you are experiencing....
I appreciate that and my post was not intended to come across like I was trying to crate an argument.

You are probably right that if a car was paid for using a credit card then you will have some sort of section 75 cover, but in this instance the user has taken out a PCP - the implications of rejecting the car etc are far greater than buying one outright. In this instance she doesnt actually own the car so needs permission from the owers to reject.

Regarding the non payment, appreciate it was probably not how you meant it, but you did say " I sure as heck woudn't keep, or keep paying for, a car I wasn't happy with due to defects :x" - this has the potential to cast a seed in the posters mind - taking into consideration they have come on here asking for help.
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

I never tell anyone what to do, but yeah prob coulda worded it better. I once had a long battle with a car manufacturer & dealer, was getting nowhere, even stopped diving the car but after talking to the right people it was sorted out in a week. Was pleased & relieved I got my money back but also saddened as I just wanted a car that I liked, not start a 3 month legal fight. But paying for something which isn't right isn't on, best to take the appropriate action, follow proper procedure, allow them to rectify the issue(s), get legal advice and find the right person to talk to about it. But to stop paying would not be good idea. As we say in these here parts: "it isn't what you know, it's who you know that counts". IMO it's a lot of both and people in general, traders, (some) car dealers will only treat you as badly as you let them....
stevereeves
Silver Member

Post by stevereeves »

I never tell anyone what to do, but yeah prob coulda worded it better. I once had a long battle with a car manufacturer & dealer, was getting nowhere, even stopped driving the car as something different went wrong every day, but after talking to the right people it was sorted out in a week. Was pleased & releived I got all my money back but also saddened as I only wanted a car that initially I very much liked, not start a 3 month legal fight. But paying for something which isn't right isn't on, best to take the appropriate action, follow proper procedure, allow them to rectify the issue(s), get legal advice and find the right person to talk to about it. But to stop paying would not be good idea. As we say in these here parts: "it isn't what you know, it's who you know that counts". IMO it's a lot of both and people in general, traders, (some) car dealers will only treat you as badly as you let them....
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I think the problem is that if the person picking up the tab is willing to accept the rejection then it goes fine. The dealership is fine to help you along if VWUK/VWFS don't say no. As soon as they say no, the dealership says no because they don't want to pick up the tab.

Not sure exactly whether your contract is strictly with the dealership or VWFS if you went through finance. I'm assuming you chase the finance company who chase the dealership who chase VWUK.

So do you reject to VWFS if you're under finance?

Seems that most companies will make it difficult to exercise your consumer rights if it is going to cost them, and you end up seeking legal advice.
wizzywig27
Getting There!

Post by wizzywig27 »

I think normally you reject to VWFS - but if the rejection is due to the seatbelt recall then VWUK are dealing with it.

In our instance the Parkway dealer has been 'ok' but ultimately everything has been down to us, chasing, calling etc. The guy actually refused to call us even though VWUK advise we have to liaise with the dealer and vice versa. Lets be honest, as with every car salesman, they are there are there to sell. They are all over you when you are buying, but as soon as you sign that order form any aspect of customer service they had soon disappears. :cry: