Problem Car

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
kmm249
Getting There!
Drives: 2018

Re: Problem Car

Post by kmm249 »

VW won’t change their decision, Parkway have took the courtesy car back yesterday so I’m now car less.

They had car back in the workshop on Monday and Wednesday to fix it again. They haven’t replace the wipers as said we check the car yesterday.

We are going to sit in the showroom today until we get it sorted out.
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

I’m getting annoyed with them now. It’s got nothing to do with VW HQ. If you took it to court and won, are Parkway going to refuse to comply with a Judge because VW don’t agree? No chance. If they tried, you can get bailiffs to walk into the dealership and take stuff to sell that equals what you are owed.

Don’t threaten to refuse to leave until they have complied as that won’t get you anywhere. They should not be carrying on repairing.

The right is exercised if the consumer indicates to the trader that the consumer is rejecting the goods and treating the contract as at an end.

(6)The indication may be something the consumer says or does, but it must be clear enough to be understood by the trader.

(7)From the time when the right is exercised—

(a)the trader has a duty to give the consumer a refund, subject to subsection (18), and

(b)the consumer has a duty to make the goods available for collection by the trader or (if there is an agreement for the consumer to return rejected goods) to return them as agreed.
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

Thanks for that! It’s frustrating!

I just sent them email detailing that and saying to be resolve today or I’m getting solicitors involved.

I have also launched a complaint with VWFS on Monday, I have just been given a case number and a case worker won’t be assigned until tomorrow.

I’m suppose to pick my new car up on Friday :?
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

The reply from Parkway

After looking into the issues you raised with the car. Both Volkswagen and Parkway Derby Service department see no grounds for rejection. Our reasons for this are shown below.

The issues raised:

Media Unit-No fault found
Front assist-No fault found
Hand brake-No fault found
Door Trim-Replaced
Wipers-replaced

Due to the out come of the investigation all notes have been uploaded on to a DISS report which is internally communicated with Volkswagen.
I have spoken with Ann at Volkswagen Executive office who agrees that parkway Volkswagen Derby have honoured their duty of care by addressing your concerns.

This has been at no cost to yourself including the use of a complimentary courtesy car whilst the investigation took place.

Our senior technician has confirmed that your Polo is fit for purpose and perfectly safe.

In light of this your car is ready for collection at your convenience.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

If this carries on, I’ll be rocking up at the dealership like this but shouting “Bring me the manager!” instead :lol:

https://youtu.be/Uj5Ez0a-YKI
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

Haha!!

My reply and copied their head of sales and after sales

You have stated on many occasions to my partner that you agree with us rejecting the car, it is simply because Parkway are going to have to pay for the rejection out their own pocket, not Volkswagen's which is why you won't process our rejection.

Simon Allen, your Service Manager, was still completing tests on the vehicle on handbrake issue today. Your technician has admitted that he is not sure how to fix car even after video evidence of the vehicle faulting has been provided. You have not mentioned the handbrake issue in your below list of faults.

We have checked the wipers on the vehicle yesterday and they seem to very dirty for brand new wipers?

We have not received the truth about what actions have been completed on the vehicle on numerous occasions which has led us to rejecting the vehicle.

You can't honestly expect us to believe you fixed it when since putting our claim into reject the vehicle, you had to take that vehicle back into the workshop to try fix faults?

Would you willing create a signed document by your Head of Retail Sales stating that my vehicle is safe and if I was to get into a accident caused by the faults on the vehicle that you would take responsibility?
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

It seems to me that they don’t fix it properly then when you ask for a rejection, they miraculously repair it.

How can it be repaired to the perfect standard all of a sudden?
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

I know!

Their reply

When I have been in conversation with your self and partner I explained the process in which I have to prepare for rejection. when we spoke I asked you the reasons for which the rejection was in mind. Once you gave me the reasons I agreed that the amount of concerns gave you grounds to apply for rejection. Now the faults have been investigated and resolved we are happy that the car is safe and our documents match the result.

The new wipers may be dirty due to the car being outside ready for collection. The wipers have been changed and the work has been documented.

On the 25/09/2018 you came into the dealership and spoke with Simon Allen. You then mentioned a new fault that never discussed at any point to which he said he would put the car on a brake roller to test brake efficiency.

We have a process in place when customers cars have repairs to back up any work carried out.

comprehensive checks have been completed

My reply to them

As stated in Car Issues document provided with my rejection letter, it clearly states the fault with the Handbrake under heading "Handbrake" It was clearly stated to your Service Advisor who has had a track record of not being completely truthfully. He came up with "moisture in the brake drums and will get worse in winter" without even investigating the fault with the vehicle. On meeting with technician, he was unaware of this fault. Simon and yourself has been previous notify about this issue before yesterday. You have yet to actually do a real life test of the handbrake or properly road test the vehicle, we have told you, you need to put the car in real life situations not just a test around Pride Park.

Your process has not been honest about what you have done to the vehicle.

You not putting in writing that the vehicle is safe and you taking responsibility if I was to get into an accident shows you don't believe the vehicle is safe to drive.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

I don’t understand why they have carried on repairing it when you have asked for rejection. They made failed attempts which is what lead to rejection.

This is one avenue open to you: https://www.themotorombudsman.org

Regarding solicitors, these are local and offer free initial consultation. Bear in mind that it’s worth getting everything written down like a full chronology of events including all the things you’ve told me about them admitting some faults are dangerous.

If you have everything written down, you can provide a clear picture of everything.

https://www.maclarenwarner.co.uk/consum ... putes.html
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

Also, regarding the other car you’ve bought, you have 14 days to cancel that if you wish given the current predicament.
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

Thanks for your advice.

Went in this evening for a face to face meeting, not willing to reconsider they state the video evidence that they ask for is is still not enough proof to reject the car.

They said they want me to authorise them to do further repairs/investigations into the faults. They would put the petrol back into the vehicle.

I’m going to get legal advice now on where I stand before authorising anyone going near the car. The service manager said it would be in workshop today for investigation into the handbrake, it had stay in exact same space unmoved from yesterday when we dropped the courtesy car off yesterday.

They keep changing what they are saying too. The directors have kept very quiet after being copied in.

I have yet to sign finance docs for my new car so will be walking away from that it looks like.
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

The solicitors linked above sound very good to me. Let me know if you contact them.

Throughout all this, one of the most crucial things to remember is that bit about the 30 day rejection clock stopping ticking while waiting for repairs.

I think if a letter from a solicitor landed at the dealership,
they would have sweat on the brow. They probably think you won’t see it through that far.
kmm249
Getting There!

Post by kmm249 »

I hoping a letter from solicitors will show we are serious.

The most amazing thing is we got told that front assist did not need calibration, I’ve got video evidence of them trying and failing to calibrate the car. They want me to pick a car up non calibrated front assist and I’m told that safe?

Got to love when you leave your dashcam in and they don’t turn it off!!!
david.stark
Bronze Member

Post by david.stark »

That’s the kind of stuff a solicitor will enjoy hearing about. You have some useful information there.
wizzywig27
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Post by wizzywig27 »

Hello, do you have a list of email addresses for director/CEO at Parkway you could send me?