Bluetooth phone echo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Bluetooth phone echo

Post by phileep »

Does anyone else that uses the in car Bluetooth get complaints from the other end been able to hear themselves back down the line? Regardless to if they called you or you called them? It's like the echo cancellation isn't working
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: Bluetooth phone echo

Post by silverhairs »

When you have your phone connected to your car, you hear the caller through your car speakers, it's that your callers can hear, it's there own voice coming from your speakers, as it reaches you a fraction of a second later. Haven't you heard your own voice over the phone when one of these cold call centres rings you up and have you on a speaker not to their ear piece?
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

The wife’s new Seat Ibiza has the Bluetooth echo problem ( I believe that it’s the same unit as the polo). After 12 months of having several software updates both from Seat and the company who manufacture the unit and having had the Bluetooth microphone and speaker replaced Seat have agreed that the unit is faulty and are replacing it on Thursday. We have tried several different phones and operating systems including the mechanics phones and problem occurred across the board and the Seat mechanic described the system as totally unusable.
At this time I’m only aware of two Seat Ibiza in the country having this problem ours at Preston with Seat Johnson and the second car in Liverpool. As we were the first to have this problem Seat wanted to follow a set procedure of Software fixes followed by hardware before finally establishing that it had a faulty unit hence the time in taking to fix it.

Hope this is of help 😁
phileep
Getting There!

Post by phileep »

silverhairs wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:15 am When you have your phone connected to your car, you hear the caller through your car speakers, it's that your callers can hear, it's there own voice coming from your speakers, as it reaches you a fraction of a second later. Haven't you heard your own voice over the phone when one of these cold call centres rings you up and have you on a speaker not to their ear piece?
Hi Silverharis

Yes i am aware of that, but it should have echo cancelling to eliminate this which seems to be failing.
phileep
Getting There!

Post by phileep »

Cadwest wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:04 am The wife’s new Seat Ibiza has the Bluetooth echo problem ( I believe that it’s the same unit as the polo). After 12 months of having several software updates both from Seat and the company who manufacture the unit and having had the Bluetooth microphone and speaker replaced Seat have agreed that the unit is faulty and are replacing it on Thursday. We have tried several different phones and operating systems including the mechanics phones and problem occurred across the board and the Seat mechanic described the system as totally unusable.
At this time I’m only aware of two Seat Ibiza in the country having this problem ours at Preston with Seat Johnson and the second car in Liverpool. As we were the first to have this problem Seat wanted to follow a set procedure of Software fixes followed by hardware before finally establishing that it had a faulty unit hence the time in taking to fix it.

Hope this is of help 😁
Hey Cadwest

It could well be the same unit yes! I shall contact the dealership and start the process.

Many thanks
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

We also tried multiple phones left in the wife’s handbag, left on the passenger seat, phone case on and off, connected to android auto and CarPlay all to no avail. My sister in law has the same car and our phones worked perfect on her car so we knew it had to be the car system, I even activated developer option on our phones and tried Bluetooth 1.4,1.5 and 1.6 and it made no difference. For the people ringing you they are unable to follow the conversation as they can hear their own echo whilst you are trying to talk and it is terrible which often resulted in the caller ending the call and asking you to ring back once you had finished your journey.
morgs1
New
Drives: Polo MY18

Post by morgs1 »

I have this issue also. VW have replaced the system twice, however it hasn't been fixed. The only way to use your handsfree functionality is to do it via usb cable, using Apple Play.

Is this a systemic issue with all of the Beats Sound and Vision packaged vehicles?

Anybody had it rectified?
Hooligaani
New
Drives: GTI on order

Post by Hooligaani »

Funnily enough I used the BT today for the first time and the mrs complained about it echoing and put the phone down. I accepted this as a bonus, but I've only had one call in it and it was echoing.
2019 GTI with beats.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

An update on the wife’s Ibiza bluetooth echo is that Seat never managed to fix it even after replacing every part. The local dealers said that for some reason they could not fix it while Seat technical claimed they would but after 12 months they had also failed.

We no longer have the vehicle as when it was in for service the dealers dropped it off the jack causing a substantial amount of damage to the sill area of the car. They agreed to replace the Ibiza and offered the wife substantial discount on a new Arona Excellence Lux costing her only £10 a month more. The Arona also suffers from the Bluetooth echo but nothing like the Ibiza and we found that turning down the incall volume helped further to the point it’s no longer an issue. We had the echo on multiple phones and it seemed to make no difference if it was Apple or Android, it happened both on our phones and the dealers phones and we even tried having the phones both in and out of phone cases, wife’s hand bag and different positions in the vehicle, nothing worked. Fortunately my Polo has not suffered from this problem.