New build finally in transit.

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: New build finally in transit.

Post by RUM4MO »

Whoops, finger trouble - maybe!

Edit:- just to rub salt into the wound, I'm guessing that GSG is the Gasoline version of the dirty DERV DSG?
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:36 pm
mike sel wrote: in sheerness it takes up to 10 gays to check and clear the car & ship it to your dealer.
They generally are very particular about appearance - they should find anything wrong with it. :D
Funny typo. :lol:
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

Hi all,

Just got an update from Live Chat and my car is on the Silver Ray (or is it Gay haha). It's estimated to arrive in Emden (direct with no stops) on the 03/10 so a fair old wait but progress none the less.

Will be interesting to see how urgently they turn it around from Emden onwards but by my calculations based off others, I think a reasonable expectation would be weekend starting the 20th Oct.

Fingeres crossed
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

TElwoody wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:05 pm Hi all,

Just got an update from Live Chat and my car is on the Silver Ray (or is it Gay haha). It's estimated to arrive in Emden (direct with no stops) on the 03/10 so a fair old wait but progress none the less.

Will be interesting to see how urgently they turn it around from Emden onwards but by my calculations based off others, I think a reasonable expectation would be weekend starting the 20th Oct.

Fingeres crossed
I think you'll find it reaches your dealership from Emden very quickly (possibly a week to 10 days) - not many cars coming through to sell right now and so the dealership will be keen to get your money banked.
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

That's good to know, reassuring too. Would that include PDI in Emden or would that be another few days this side of the Channel, in your opinion?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

TElwoody wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:44 pm That's good to know, reassuring too. Would that include PDI in Emden or would that be another few days this side of the Channel, in your opinion?
Mine and Barry's GTI+'s came through very quickly. I think they were in Emden no more than 48 hours, a day's journey to whichever UK dock your dealership is served by (Tyne for anywhere Teesside and northwards, including Scotland, Sheerness for the south and Grimsby for midlands/Lincolnshire to North Yorkshire), and about 3 days to get to the dealership. If the dealership is as quiet as it probably will be right now (not many WLTP compliant cars to sell) the Prep/PDI can be done in less than a day.

PDIs are done at the dealership - if a dealership misses something at PDI, they can no longer claim it was a manufacturing defect or transit damage for the purposes of having VW GmbH or VW UK pay for rectification.

I got a brand new Polo 1.9TDI back in 2001 and when it was 4 days old I went to wash it and noticed a small pressing crease on the front wing wheel arch that had a perfect paint job - it had been constructed that way before painting (the crease was so tight and neat, like it was barely kissed by a hydraulic lopper). It was obvious to everyone that it was a factory defect, but the dealership had to rectify at their own cost, through their own bodyshop (new wing - and the blow-in blend to the adjoining panels could be seen on an overcast day, they couldn't get it right after 3 goes - not sure why I didn't reject that car!).
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

Update all, the Polo is now in the UK as of 9AM today, final stretch then collection time.
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

TElwoody wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:08 pm Update all, the Polo is now in the UK as of 9AM today, final stretch then collection time.
Mine is now at stage 7 (nearly there) 😍😍😍
I normally fill my car when it needs fuel to save me running back and forth to the pump that and lack of time,& yesterday half filled it just in the hope I get a call soon to collect my new one.
Hubby thinks it will still be end of October into November before I get to collect it😳😡
I was hoping for this week if possible since the car is now in the UK but maybe I’m to ahead of myself.
Surely they wouldn’t want to be hanging on to cars
Especially prolonging the already long 6-7 month wait some have already had.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Kittycat wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:14 pm
TElwoody wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:08 pm Update all, the Polo is now in the UK as of 9AM today, final stretch then collection time.
Mine is now at stage 7 😍😍😍
I normally fill my car when it needs fuel and I am trying not
To this time as I hoping I can pick my new car up soon
Hubby thinks it will be end of October into November 😳😡
I was hoping for this week if possible but maybe I’m to ahead of myself
Mine and Barry's took about a week from landing in the UK to being in our ownership. 2 days to clear customs, as little as 2 days after that to be delivered to the dealership, and at the moment those VW dealerships have very few cars to sell, so PDI and prep could potentially be done same day.
TElwoody
Bronze Member

Post by TElwoody »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:19 pm
Kittycat wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:14 pm
Mine is now at stage 7 😍😍😍
I normally fill my car when it needs fuel and I am trying not
To this time as I hoping I can pick my new car up soon
Hubby thinks it will be end of October into November 😳😡
I was hoping for this week if possible but maybe I’m to ahead of myself
Mine and Barry's took about a week from landing in the UK to being in our ownership. 2 days to clear customs, as little as 2 days after that to be delivered to the dealership, and at the moment those VW dealerships have very few cars to sell, so PDI and prep could potentially be done same day.
I hope it pans out like that as I have a day off Wednesday next week, which happens to be a week since it's arrival in the UK. Lets hope it doesn't smile in it's passport photo.

Fingers are very crossed as I really want to pick it up before my mate comes back from the Navy on Friday. Whichever way it pans out, I'm sure it'll be worth it.