How you remove racing stripes?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Ramos
New
Drives: 2018

How you remove racing stripes?

Post by Ramos »

Hey guys, I recently bought a stock 2018 Polo Beats standard spec.

I bought it cos I got it for the same price as an SE, and came with fog lights and the beats sysem and a lovely interior

I want to remove the decal on the front as it could affect resale value, will get dirty eventually.

Would anyone know how much it costs to be removed?

Or how to do it?

Cheers!!! :)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: How you remove racing stripes?

Post by SRGTD »

I would keep it on the car. I think anyone wanting to buy a used Polo Beats when the time comes to sell it may expect that model to have the ‘racing’ stripes.
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:49 pm I would keep it on the car. I think anyone wanting to buy a used Polo Beats when the time comes to sell it may expect that model to have the ‘racing’ stripes.
Yea i agree. Leave it on.

I ordered a Beats and all through the order/production/transit stage I convinced myself I would get it removed when it arrived. Once I got it, I really don't mind it, I've began to like it.

As SRGTD says, when you come to sell it, people will want it on it.
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

To start I'm going to say if you aren't comfortable doing this work then don't as decals and PPF can take the lacquer off the paint, through improper removal

Here's the best video you'll find on removing PPF and Decals, and Larry will explain all the risks involved

Vehicle Decals from factory tend to be very low quality and made to be on for life, and as such they break up during the removal process making it a very long process. A friend spent 3 days removal mini bonnet stripes, and after all this you'll require the bonnet to be polished to remove the colour differences.

My recommendation would be to get a professional to remove it, to keep yourself safe :) , personally I dislike the decal too and doubt anyone buying the car in the future will car that much, but beware it could lead to a price reduction of £400 for those bonnet decals!
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

Bit late to the party here but I also have a polo beats! And the stripe looks ridiculous. I just asked my dealer to take it off

Well actually the stripe was starting to peel off and I said they could take it off and leave it off and they were fine with that, rather than put another on.

That car then got returned and I got another (yes another mk10 - it didn't have cruise as I requested). And I just asked if they'd take it off and they did.

Best bet it to ask your dealer, I'm sure they'd happily help

I might add, mine is on PCP

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Deadeye
New
Drives: Beats 1.2TSI

Post by Deadeye »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:49 pm I would keep it on the car. I think anyone wanting to buy a used Polo Beats when the time comes to sell it may expect that model to have the ‘racing’ stripes.
I am little on this side. I am seeing a couple of Polo Beats 6Cs for sale on the used car market, without the side stripes and they look a little odd TBH. The AWs with the stripe on the bonnet and roof is OTT for me, though the 6C was little like that when I first bought it. I have grown to like it, as it gives the car a little bit more identity against the S to SELs.

Though If you removed the stickers. I can’t imagine it costing the earth to replace it, once you are ready to sell it.