Things you should know before getting the Beats audio package.

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Luka
New
Drives: AW1

Things you should know before getting the Beats audio package.

Post by Luka »

First and major thing I wish I knew going forward is that the bass usually sits in the spare tire cavity in the boot. Which isn't a problem in itself unless you have a spare tire, then they have no choice than to put it right besides the cavity. This means that you'll loose the lower lvl of the boot. This was a huge disappointment for me and I wish I knew that beforehand.

As far as the sound goes. This is far from the best sound I've experienced in a car. It's not high quality, the bass is overwhelming at times and worst of all I find myself adjusting the bass depending on the album I'm listening too. It's just poorly balanced I supposed. That said, you're more than likely getting better audio than what's stock so it's up to you. I personally don't regret it, just don't expect some super high end experience.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Things you should know before getting the Beats audio package.

Post by SRGTD »

In the UK the Polo Beats model doesn’t get a spare wheel; it gets a tyre mobility kit and compressor, so this suggests that the sub woofer sits in the space that would normally be occupied by the spare wheel and doesn’t take up the space between the upper amp lower boot floor positions.

As regards sound quality; I’ve no experience of the Beats audio system, but I did have the upgraded Dynaudio system in my mk6 Golf and I was a little disappointed and underwhelmed by it. I found it was fine if you wanted lots of heavy bass and like listen to music at high volume. That’s not for me though, although my music listening tastes will not be the same as many other people, and some people will enjoy loud, bass-heavy music, and will no doubt find the Beats system to be really good. I also found it difficult with the Dynaudio system to find a good optimum bass / mid / treble setting.

My next car is likely to be a Polo GTI+. The Beats audio system is currently only available on the Polo Beats model in the UK, and I wouldn’t be disappointed not to be able to have the Beats upgrade in a GTI+.

I’m quite happy with the standard system in my previous generation Polo GTI. In my opinion, the interior of a car doesn’t offer the best environment for a high quality music listening experience, although we don’t all hear things in the same way!
Luka
New
Drives: AW1

Post by Luka »

Mind you I don't have the Beats model, just the audio package. I have a regular Highline model.

That's a shame that you can't get it outside of the Beats model. :(
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

An upgrade to the "beats" system would be a waste on me as I only use either a CD or USB stick, and I only play MP3's, so the quality is not top notch in the first place. I don't have a smart phone, just an old Nokia 6633 which Noah gave me when he found dry land, and the last time put in £20.00 (PAYG) it has lasted me over 2 years and I still have just over £12.00 left.
It's for emergency use only.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

In a UK Polo GTI, the space saver spare wheel means that it's also not possible lower the boot floor and use the lower level.

The Beats upgrade is something that I may have considered if available, but in retrospect, listening to the standard system, I'm more than happy with the sound.

I'd like to give the Beats system a listen sometime but for now, impressed by the stock setup, I don't feel that I'm missing out.
ranxzy
New
Drives: Beats

Post by ranxzy »

I tried a SE polo with the standard system and was very impressed in the balanced sound it provides, which makes it understable why so little go for the Beats audio.

Personally, even though the standard system was surprisingly good, I do actually enjoy extreme bass and this was lacking for me. It's most likely only a small pool of Polo consumers that will enjoy the Beats package. Hopefully the Beats edition I have on order will provide the bass that I was missing with the standard system.
CP_Vaughny
New
Drives: R-Line 2019

Post by CP_Vaughny »

Having spent a lot of time reading and watching reviews when shopping around for quality headphones last year, the one thing everybody agreed on was that Beats by Dre products were just too bass-y.

I'd have stayed away from that option even if it was available to us in the UK.
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

CP_Vaughny wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:33 pm Having spent a lot of time reading and watching reviews when shopping around for quality headphones last year, the one thing everybody agreed on was that Beats by Dre products were just too bass-y.

I'd have stayed away from that option even if it was available to us in the UK.
I was in the same situation Beats are just bass with no real sound quality, I opted for Sony WH-1000XM2 which are amazing.

But with car audio I've have standard, I've had the Dynanudio of the mk6 Golf, but the best if you want actual good music is aftermarket. I'm not talking some JBL or Boss stuff, I mean the higher end of Rainbow and Gladen which are 10x better than factory optional extras without and amps or crossovers.