Rear seat belt issue again!

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

Rear seat belt issue again!

Post by JohnF »

Today I received the famous sticker with letter from VW to stick in the window just in case some other driver takes my car and is foolish enough to take 3 passengers in the back!

I am taking my car to the dealer on Wednesday for the "30 minute but you might need to leave your car all day" fix after which I still can't use the centre seat belt.

Questions:

1) WHY do I have to have this done as I won't be able to take 3 in the back, so it's a waste of time yes?
2) Exactly WHAT will they do anyway?

Also as my dealer might need my car all car to do a 30 minute job, for which they initially want £12 to lend me a loan car for the day. After protesting they decided to drop the charge. Not very impressive for a main dealer I must say.

Comments anyone?
Aube
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEDSG

Re: Rear seat belt issue again!

Post by Aube »

Hi,

A question we have been asking for some time, yet no sensible answer from the dealers or VW.

See the post I started ‘Recall - rear seat belt’ as there are interesting points raised by members.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Rear seat belt issue again!

Post by RUM4MO »

Regarding the "30 minutes but we would like your car in for the day" is nonsense in certain situations and this is one of them, the only reason that I can see that they would rather the car was in all day is so that they get paid by VW UK to do this work, but would like just to fit it in around all the other scheduled work that day, so really this task makes them some money, but it is not important to them.

What VW Group should be doing, is setting up local/regional "hit teams" that come to you, your home or your normal place of work with a kitted out van and apply the fix then and there!

This sort of mess up should not be costing an owner time or money - it should be VW Group that takes the hit on time and money, do these people think that people buy cars for a laugh?