Still Waiting for my new GTi plus

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
gonk1959
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 Gti polo

Still Waiting for my new GTi plus

Post by gonk1959 »

I ordered my new Polo GTI Plus Easter bank hols (march 31st) done all the paper work and paid £1500 deposit cash. Was told I could expect delivery to be sometime in June.
Here we are end Sep and still no car. been fobbed off every time I call Citygate in High Wycombe. Spoke to them yesterday and was told that they have been in touch with head office and they said my car should start build in mid Oct early Nov BUT will confirm....lol and realistically it be probably Jan 2019 before I get it. Not happy and only comfort they offered was to honour to part x value agreed in March towards new car. Service the vehicle FOC when due. Cover Mot in Jan....blahhh blahhh blahhh. Beginning to wish I had gone for the T-Rok now. guy at work has one on order as well and told me the delay is something to do with emissions testing ?? Sales guy said they have delivery delays across the entire VW range.
Can anyone offer any update or good news? I have to be content with drooling over stock photos of her for quite a while yet it seems.

gonk1959
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Re: Still Waiting for my new GTi plus

Post by roywolfey »

gonk1959 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:56 pm I ordered my new Polo GTI Plus Easter bank hols (march 31st) done all the paper work and paid £1500 deposit cash. Was told I could expect delivery to be sometime in June.
Here we are end Sep and still no car. been fobbed off every time I call Citygate in High Wycombe. Spoke to them yesterday and was told that they have been in touch with head office and they said my car should start build in mid Oct early Nov BUT will confirm....lol and realistically it be probably Jan 2019 before I get it. Not happy and only comfort they offered was to honour to part x value agreed in March towards new car. Service the vehicle FOC when due. Cover Mot in Jan....blahhh blahhh blahhh. Beginning to wish I had gone for the T-Rok now. guy at work has one on order as well and told me the delay is something to do with emissions testing ?? Sales guy said they have delivery delays across the entire VW range.
Can anyone offer any update or good news? I have to be content with drooling over stock photos of her for quite a while yet it seems.

gonk1959
Welcome, pull up a seat, have a read through the Polo GTI + delivery thread: https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70994

I was one of the fortunate ones it seems, ordered early Feb and was delivered mid July...

There are people that ordered before me and have forecast delivery dates into next year. Over 12Months wait.

Have a read through the forums, the WLTP delays, summer factory closures etc. are well documented.

Edit: FWIW The Polo GTI is well worth the wait. I love mine! :)
Gavla
New
Drives: Gti+ on order

Post by Gavla »

Hi, I ordered a GTI+ on 12th April, I have just had word from the dealer that I have an (unconfirmed) build week of week 8, that means last week in Feb 2019!!!!
I was initially told ‘up to 42 weeks for delivery, but by the time it is shipped from South Africa, it is going to be a full 12 months. Still pondering wether to cancel order, but the is not much else out there on a good lease deal at the moment 🙁
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I just feel my order was lost at some stage. Ordered in January and only now get a est' build date of April next year?!!
Gavla wrote:Hi, I ordered a GTI+ on 12th April, I have just had word from the dealer that I have an (unconfirmed) build week of week 8, that means last week in Feb 2019!!!!
I was initially told ‘up to 42 weeks for delivery, but by the time it is shipped from South Africa, it is going to be a full 12 months. Still pondering wether to cancel order, but the is not much else out there on a good lease deal at the moment [emoji853]
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

AaronGrisedale
New
Drives: 2018 Polo R-Line

Post by AaronGrisedale »

Gavla wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:44 pm Hi, I ordered a GTI+ on 12th April, I have just had word from the dealer that I have an (unconfirmed) build week of week 8, that means last week in Feb 2019!!!!
I was initially told ‘up to 42 weeks for delivery, but by the time it is shipped from South Africa, it is going to be a full 12 months. Still pondering wether to cancel order, but the is not much else out there on a good lease deal at the moment 🙁
I'm week 8 too. Ordered an r-line 115 at the end of May, estimated delivery was November, but now I'm looking at 11 months too :|
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

Had some good news at last from my VW dealership. Confirmed car going into production and should be built and completed in week 47 which is early Nov. Been advised I should have delivery very early Jan?
Happy days :D :D
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

gonk1959 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:55 pm Had some good news at last from my VW dealership. Confirmed car going into production and should be built and completed in week 47 which is early Nov. Been advised I should have delivery very early Jan?
Happy days :D :D
A factor that might impact delivery is when the 2.0 engine in the GTI / GTI+ gets type approved under WLTP. Hopefully, won’t be an issue.
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

I ordered a R line back in April and didn’t know at the time all this WLTP was away to start up,
Between that and the factory closing for eight weeks I thought I would never see my car. Drove my hubby mad constantly watching you tube videos of polos.
Although I waited 7 months I finally picked my car up last week and definitely worth the wait, car is stunning
Like you I toyed with cancelling my order but wasn’t anything else out there I wantes
Attachments
42713EAB-EF7A-4C71-80FE-24CDCB4A045F.jpeg
gonk1959
Bronze Member

Post by gonk1959 »

forgive me for missing something here. The image shows a Polo. you said you ordered a R Line. Nice tail pipes on the Polo tho

LOL ignore me, of cause Polo R-Line :oops: