Tracking Number

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
vince.sharpe
New

Tracking Number

Post by vince.sharpe »

Hi, This is my first post, I have ordered (20th Sept) a 115 SEL in Reef Blue with active display, standard cruise, 17” Pamplonas, privacy glass, winter pack and folding mirrors, expected delivery March 2019, how long does it take for the tracking number to kick in online? Many Thanks.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Tracking Number

Post by SRGTD »

Welcome to the forum Vince.

When I ordered my current car (a previous generation Polo GTI) towards the end of 2015, the dealer emailed my tracking number to me the same day that I ordered the car (car ordered in the morning, dealer input the details into the ordering system later that day and I received an email received with tracking number in the afternoon). From memory, the online tracker recognised my tracking number the following day. I’m assuming that the tracking number was auto-generated by the ordering system once the dealer had input details of my order.

From the experience of the tracker by other forum members, be aware that it’s often slow to update and not particularly accurate;
  • when the tracker moves to Stage 3 Build Week Confirmed, it’s often different to the build week information that VW Customer Services (VWCS) have.
  • the tracker often misses out Stage 4 (Build in Progress) and goes from stage 3 Build Week Confirmed straight to Stage 5 In Transit.
  • some forum members have taken delivery of their cars and the tracker is still showing Stage 5 In Transit or Stage 6 Arrived in the UK.
So, the tracker is of interest, but if you are hoping it will provide accurate, reliable information, you may be disappointed. Better to contact VWCS who should have access to the most up to date information on your car’s build status.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Welcome to the group.

Had my tracker number within days. if you ask the VW sales guy he will give you your number. TBH it is slow to update and runs at least a week behind and does jump processes it is a bit of fun to watch the updates though no more then that. Keep you order number handy and when the time comes for movement, (march delivery will be a late dec early jan build date, if you go onto the VW website and go onto the live chat, give them your order number you will get better, quicker information from them.

I have an new (well 18 plate collected in June) 115 SEL DSG with the digi cockpit and winter pack, folding mirrors, park assist, Adaptive cruise, occupant protection, driver mode selection, etc. it all works as advertised and I love the car. Its a proper VW and is not a small car now. I am getting people look it over and ask is it a new golf.

I really enjoy the car it goes very well, I cant believe a 1.0l car can produce more HP than the original golf GTI. I don't know what gear box you have. the DSG is good and since June I have therefore only driven an automatic, TBH I was ok with it and am used to it now, yesterday I had a 4 hour drive in a manual Belingo van, changing gear seemed odd at first but I suppose I got used to it again, changing a manual up and down on 4 hours of basically country roads was a royal pain, so now I am looking at the DSG auto with new eyes, I appreciate it more. also I was not aware how used to the acceleration of the polo I was. The diesel van is a 1.8 turbo and it seemed sluggish, at times I was going to over take and just felt I did not have the acceleration to do it, where as in the polo put it into sport mode put the pedal to the floor and it takes a lag of about 1 second and then it goes very nicely. Yes GTI owners it no where near a quick as a 2.0l GTI but the 1.0l 115 is still quick enough for normal driving and overtaking.

Road holding, stopping etc this car is great, it very comfortable on 16" wheels, have not found it uncomfortable on any normal road surface yet. During the summer I was averaging about 55mpg over all driving, I can get 69mpg on a motorway run at 56 mph in eco mode with aircon off. Its been down to 4 degrees in the early morning here for a couple of mornings and the windscreen was misted up, with screen demist, rear window heater, heated seats, headlights all on it was showing 44pmg about town by the time I got to work 11 miles away I was up to 48mpg.

In my honest opinion It is worth the wait & your in for a treat.
vince.sharpe
New

Post by vince.sharpe »

vince.sharpe wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:13 pm Hi, This is my first post, I have ordered (20th Sept) a 115 SEL in Reef Blue with active display, standard cruise, 17” Pamplonas, privacy glass, winter pack and folding mirrors, expected delivery March 2019, how long does it take for the tracking number to kick in online? Many Thanks.
Hi I received my build number today, apparently my Polo is scheduled to be built in wk 48 Regards