Help needed,Starting to question my order, days before delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Re: Help needed,Starting to question my order, days before delivery

Post by mike sel »

Kittycat wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:04 pm
RUM4MO wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:10 pm
Kittycat wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:54 pm I think realistically by changing colours and ps size I’ve ended up confusing myself 😂 especially since the dealer has ended up ordering another car rather then telling me I was to late to change anything from paint colour to engine size. The car has currently arrived in Germany do any of you know how long the car could be away from delivery?
I am on AL next week and hope it could arrive then.
The curtesy Polo I have been given a shot of has grown on me as I’ve continued to drive it.
So likely I’m going to take delivery of my limestone grey polo and be extremely grateful I have a new car, also ordered bonneville wheels so that should also look nice
So that means that it is in Emden in Northern Germany awaiting transport across to Newcastle, that could take 3 weeks in total if you are unlucky or maybe only a week or so if you are lucky to get to your dealership, I'm not too lucky, as my wife's Polo arrived just after her saleman had left for AL!!
I hope I am not waiting another 3 weeks for my car 😩
Feels like I’ve been waiting for years for it 😂
Ok don't forget the info given out by VW is imprecise to say the least of it. It could be your car is already at the UK port. Mine was sent to UK within 2 days of being in Germany. Sat in UK port for 10 days then arrived in dealer (by chance I was actually there signing the papers and watched the trailer pull in with my car on it). The dealer prepped it I collected about 5 days after it arrived with them. So I think its going to be 15-20 actual days. Don't forget if you need up to date info its probably better to get it off of the online chat, but I expect you already know that.
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

mike sel wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:01 pm
Kittycat wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:04 pm
RUM4MO wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:10 pm

So that means that it is in Emden in Northern Germany awaiting transport across to Newcastle, that could take 3 weeks in total if you are unlucky or maybe only a week or so if you are lucky to get to your dealership, I'm not too lucky, as my wife's Polo arrived just after her saleman had left for AL!!
I hope I am not waiting another 3 weeks for my car 😩
Feels like I’ve been waiting for years for it 😂
Ok don't forget the info given out by VW is imprecise to say the least of it. It could be your car is already at the UK port. Mine was sent to UK within 2 days of being in Germany. Sat in UK port for 10 days then arrived in dealer (by chance I was actually there signing the papers and watched the trailer pull in with my car on it). The dealer prepped it I collected about 5 days after it arrived with them. So I think its going to be 15-20 actual days. Don't forget if you need up to date info its probably better to get it off of the online chat, but I expect you already know that.
Just been on online chat and my car is in the UK 😀
Bubble just been burst though as they are saying I won’t get my car until late October early November as it’s need a certificate for this new emissions thing as they can’t tax the car without it.
Rather frustrating
I’ve ordered a polo but feel I’ll never get it
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Bother Bother Bother!!

I hope that they are holding any similarly affected cars in a covered area away from birds poo!
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

Not fussed about that
It’s like it so close now arriving in the uk FINALLY but still so far and I am still waiting
joshwills
New
Drives: Polo R-line 115 Manual

Post by joshwills »

Did they offer up the information around waiting for the wltp certification. I spoke to them today as my car arrived in sheerness and they said it was waiting for a transporter but mentioned nothing about wltp certication.
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

He just said that my car was currently waiting this WLTP certification and that my car could arrive end of October into November. Didn’t even mention anything about being loaded onto a transporter 😔
My husband thinks though that it will arrive much sooner and that they are just giving us these dates Incase of a possible delay