Finally at the dealer

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Finally at the dealer

Post by RUM4MO »

That is a complete pain in the neck, I think that I said before that my wife's salesman was on holiday when her car arrived, so she had to wait for a couple of weeks, the bottom line is "we" are/were buying a product from a VW dealership, the deal has been done, the product has been supplied, what exactly do they think that they are achieving by pretending that the handover needs to be a really personal thing?

Maybe someone needs to point out that the price and model details has already been agreed with the dealership, if the new car has passed PDI it must be fit for sale as a new product, they might need to check over your other car if you are trading in, but all the sales people are capable of doing that, after that it is just handing over the outstanding cash, which any sales person can do, then showing you round your car, which any sales person can do - then they walk away and hope that you will eventually drive away, job done!

As far as I know, most large dealerships employ sales staff, these people are not free lance operators so any mistake they make is taken on by the dealership so this way of doing things really has run out of life, you don't get the shelf stacker in your supermarket handling every individual item that they personally stacked at the till, just another way the motor retail trade treats itself as being special - and they certainly are not, they are just retailers.

Rant over!!!

Edit:- oh, there is more - so, if your sales person has a slight accident while on holiday, if it is a really bad accident, then that dealer's car compound will fill up with cars waiting to get handed over, I don't think so.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

When I collected my mk5 Golf back in 2007, the salesperson I’d been dealing with was on holiday, so a different sales person did the handover.

So, new car handover isn’t dependent upon the salesperson you’ve been dealing with being there. Any other competent sales person at the dealership should be able to step in and do this.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Maybe the salespeople are worried about losing a slice of sales commission if someone else hands over? Doubtful. I had same situation and had to argue the toss for someone else to hand over rather than waiting a week for the saleswoman to return.
Kittycat
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 R Line

Post by Kittycat »

RUM4MO wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 am That is a complete pain in the neck, I think that I said before that my wife's salesman was on holiday when her car arrived, so she had to wait for a couple of weeks, the bottom line is "we" are/were buying a product from a VW dealership, the deal has been done, the product has been supplied, what exactly do they think that they are achieving by pretending that the handover needs to be a really personal thing?

Maybe someone needs to point out that the price and model details has already been agreed with the dealership, if the new car has passed PDI it must be fit for sale as a new product, they might need to check over your other car if you are trading in, but all the sales people are capable of doing that, after that it is just handing over the outstanding cash, which any sales person can do, then showing you round your car, which any sales person can do - then they walk away and hope that you will eventually drive away, job done!

As far as I know, most large dealerships employ sales staff, these people are not free lance operators so any mistake they make is taken on by the dealership so this way of doing things really has run out of life, you don't get the shelf stacker in your supermarket handling every individual item that they personally stacked at the till, just another way the motor retail trade treats itself as being special - and they certainly are not, they are just retailers.

Rant over!!!

Edit:- oh, there is more - so, if your sales person has a slight accident while on holiday, if it is a really bad accident, then that dealer's car compound will fill up with cars waiting to get handed over, I don't think so.
😂 I phoned and picked it up today
Told them Friday wasn’t convenient for me and I didn’t want to wait any longer
Car is lovely
Trying to figure out where I can post pics
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Post by TElwoody »

Look forward to seeing the photos
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

TElwoody wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:27 pm Look forward to seeing the photos
I genuinely have no idea how to upload from my iPhone 🤷‍♀️
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Kittycat wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:35 pm
There’s a ‘sticky’ at the top of the forum board; ‘Photo Hosting is now enabled’;

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70858
Kittycat
Getting There!

Post by Kittycat »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:48 pm
Kittycat wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:35 pm
There’s a ‘sticky’ at the top of the forum board; ‘Photo Hosting is now enabled’;

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70858
Thank you, have just uploaded 😃