USB / SD capacity + Flac files.

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
antz81
New
Drives: 2018 1.0TSI 5spd

USB / SD capacity + Flac files.

Post by antz81 »

Hello everyone, I put a deposit on a polo yesterday but even the dealer couldn't answer my question for sure.

I am wondering what the maximum storage size the the audio system will read is? (I see one thread says 128GB works but haven't tried bigger)
Will it read a hard drive?

We were able to experiment a little with FLAC files with limited success, however i'm not sure if some of the problems were coming from my player that i had connected as I have problems with the USB on it anyway. 16Bit 44.1khz seemed fine, as did 24bit 44.1khz. Not sure if i tried anything at 48khz or 98khz. no luck with 192khz. Does anyone know for sure what it can and cannot play?
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: USB / SD capacity + Flac files.

Post by l3rady »

Don't know if it is any help but I know my 2015 Polo SE would accept a 128GB SDXC card formatted in ExFAT. Because of the extra pins on the SD card, I would have to reinsert the SD card a few times to get the system to detect the SD card but it did work once it was detected.

Also, I can confirm it would play FLAC files fine at 24bit but not sure what frequency it would top out at.

I cannot imagine that audio support on the newer models would get worse, so I would at least expect the same if not better from the newer model.