Cable through firewall

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Japanviking
New
Drives: 95 TSI DSG - 19

Cable through firewall

Post by Japanviking »

I have spent some time tonight trying to find a place to feed a cable through for an electrical heater without any luck.
The car is LHD and I am trying to get through on the passenger side.
I cannot find any grommets to use there.
I have been looking behind the glove compartment and also around the A-pillar.

If drilling is necessary I think the best place should be next to the air intake/heater fan under the windshield.

I would appreciate any input on this.

Just bought the car for my wife and had it delivered last Friday. It was ordered on March 27th so it’s been a long wait.
I am so far impressed with how it feels and drives for being so small. It’s a basic 95hp TSI with the DSG transmission.
PoloSG
New
Drives: 2019

Re: Cable through firewall

Post by PoloSG »

Can someone help... is Polo 2018 (AW) firewall at same place under the windscreen as Polo 6R?
I was able to see a small grommet, which looks different then 6R and pull it out. It had carpet behind. Not sure if I need to remove glove box to fish the wire through. Please help.
PoloSG
New
Drives: 2019

Re: Cable through firewall

Post by PoloSG »

Just leaving feedback for others. Polo 2018 firewall is same place as Polo 6R that is beneath the wiper blades and you have to lift the plastic. The grommet type is different and once you route the cable through you can use your hands from the inside of the car and fish for the wire without having to remove glove box. To pull the cable from inside you need to remove some foam etc on the inside. Pretty straightforward and 3 minute job.