MPG Question

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: MPG Question

Post by silverhairs »

What was the name of that song? Oh I remember "True colours"
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

One thing about factory fitted options is, on the used car market, I get the impression that as you move up the market, potential buyers claim that a high mileage well used battered and bruised car loaded with options will always be more attractive to buy than a low mileage good condition car with fewer factory fitted options.

That is not my way of thinking as I bought a shockingly low mileage car with only few options and in very good condition, in this case an Audi S4 - while most other potential used Audi S4 buyers are only considering Sports rear Diff and Super Sports front Seats, each to there own I suppose although a few months down the line the extremely high mileage S4 with the annoying and expensive repairs bills starting to come in regularly is going to hurt a bit and take the shine off going all out for options over condition.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Subjective isn't it.

I can only go on my reasoning for my situation.

I didn't want a GTI for a number of reasons already pointed out on MY last post on the thread.

I have worked out my purchase of the SEL GES 115 against a GTI +. the numbers I came up with over 4 years (my ownership period) gave me a saving over the GTI + of about 1k. hardly anything at all. so for me it simply came down to which do I want. FOR ME the sel fitted my requirements, less trips to petrol station, more comfortable ride, quieter drive, less likely to be stolen. Notice cost issues are not first on my list its about the car fitting my lifestyle.

I have said before I would have gone 1.5 evo engine if it were available. But 2.0l GTI plus or not is just not my style.