Anyone got there 1.0 tsi 95bhp remapped?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
DaveNI1979
New
Drives: 2018 Beats TSI 95ps

Anyone got there 1.0 tsi 95bhp remapped?

Post by DaveNI1979 »

Got mine done yesterday, bhp is up to 130 now. Nice to have that bit of extra power. But was wondering for insurance and stuff like that are you supposed tell them? Ive currently done 3k miles next service is 18k, great little car. 0-60 in just under 9 seconds lol.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Anyone got there 1.0 tsi 95bhp remapped?

Post by Andy Beats »

I plan to fit a 'Racechip' box that will take it up to 119bhp, that's as far as I'm willing to go.
Yes, you should tell your insurance.
Some don't even bother loading your premium these days.
DaveNI1979
New

Post by DaveNI1979 »

Andy Beats wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:59 pm I plan to fit a 'Racechip' box that will take it up to 119bhp, that's as far as I'm willing to go.
Yes, you should tell your insurance.
Some don't even bother loading your premium these days.
Cool, ill see what mine says. Im not sure what all the guy done to mine, but i got it done professionally for £240. Very nice having that extra torque on mid range speeds too. Torque up from 160 to 240 now.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

It's an increase in torque I'm after, the box I'm looking at adds around 30NM
Should make a noticeable difference and it will do fine for a commuting car.
Are you flashing the remap on/off for warranty or servicing work?
Or taking a chance and leaving it on?
DaveNI1979
New

Post by DaveNI1979 »

Andy Beats wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:38 pm It's an increase in torque I'm after, the box I'm looking at adds around 30NM
Should make a noticeable difference and it will do fine for a commuting car.
Are you flashing the remap on/off for warranty or servicing work?
Or taking a chance and leaving it on?
Prob take a chance leave it on and hope they dont look too closely lol
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

Did your remap company any kind of mechanical warranty?
Many remap companies offer a warranty in case VW kick off.
Also remember that VW can't dismiss ALL warranty claims just because you've mapped it.
They can only refuse warranty work on anything that can be directly attributed to the remap (so engine/transmission).
If your radio fails or seats break, that's nothing to do with the remap and they're still liable.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

DaveNI1979 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:58 pm Got mine done yesterday, bhp is up to 130 now. Nice to have that bit of extra power. But was wondering for insurance and stuff like that are you supposed tell them? Ive currently done 3k miles next service is 18k, great little car. 0-60 in just under 9 seconds lol.
You certainly should tell your insurance - if they can avoid a pay out then they will for a claim attributed to you (partial or full fault claim).

So is that 95ps to 130 ps and a 50% increase in torque? I'd be worried for my clutch with those increases if you have a manual. Definitely too much of an increase for your insurance company not to want to know about it.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:00 pm Did your remap company any kind of mechanical warranty?
Many remap companies offer a warranty in case VW kick off.
For £240, I very much doubt it - you're looking at around the £400 mark to be getting drivetrain warranty coverage.

Most responsible remappers wouldn't increase power and torque by 40 and 50% respectively either.

I'm not anti remap, but for TSI engines with manual boxes, VW put in "Just enough" clutches. I'd be far more confident mapping a TDI or any variant with the wet clutch DSG box.
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

DaveNI1979 wrote:Got mine done yesterday, bhp is up to 130 now. Nice to have that bit of extra power. But was wondering for insurance and stuff like that are you supposed tell them? Ive currently done 3k miles next service is 18k, great little car. 0-60 in just under 9 seconds lol.
Looking at getting mine done - also to approx 130hp. Interested to see how you get on with any clutch slippage, or anything else.. I'd assume as long as you don't drive around like a melon all the time, it'd be fine.. my previous 1.4tdi 9n3 did start to slip when that was mapped, but it was on 110k on the original clutch anyway and it was iffy before hand [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:34 pm
DaveNI1979 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:58 pm Got mine done yesterday, bhp is up to 130 now. Nice to have that bit of extra power. But was wondering for insurance and stuff like that are you supposed tell them? Ive currently done 3k miles next service is 18k, great little car. 0-60 in just under 9 seconds lol.
You certainly should tell your insurance - if they can avoid a pay out then they will for a claim attributed to you (partial or full fault claim).

So is that 95ps to 130 ps and a 50% increase in torque? I'd be worried for my clutch with those increases if you have a manual. Definitely too much of an increase for your insurance company not to want to know about it.
yea all well and good guys but has anyone thought about stopping? the 115 from VW has 4 disk breaks and can stop. I am not sure how the rear drums of a 95 will cope with the extra power. Clearly VW are not happy to put rear drums on a 115! I would have thought given VWs cost cutting and penny pinching they would deffo have put rear drums on the 115 if they though they could get away with it. I am not trying to be a party pooper just want to give the heads up.
Adam_013
Silver Member

Post by Adam_013 »

Saying that; the 140ps Fiesta has rear drums and seems to be stopping ok. I don't think rear discs are really worth it on smaller cars anyway, they just tend to corrode because they're not really used enough.

Adam_013
Silver Member

Post by Adam_013 »

I take back what I said, but it does in some of the ecoboosts anyway. Focus has / had rear drums and is a bigger car!

mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Adam_013 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:08 am I take back what I said, but it does in some of the ecoboosts anyway. Focus has / had rear drums and is a bigger car!

Adam, im Just raising a tiny flag that is all. I get what your saying and look if its possible to get 130 hp out of the VW TSi 1.0l then I am in big time, and I do have the 115 DSG with rear disks. The rear disks are used cause I have to clean the break dust off of the wheels every couple of weeks.

I don't know about the fiesta and focus and what ford do but I think we can all agree that IF VW thought they could get away without rear drums below the GTI then they would have done it. on here people are constantly pointing to cheep penny pinching t*t bits VW have saved a few quid on here and there and point out the huge saving that makes across all the world wide sales, well I would have thought the 115 not having rear disks would save a massive sum. so lets just keep in the back of our minds WHY would they have disks on the rear of a 115? they are not for show (cant really see them) it has to be for additional stopping power in some situations. TBH if VW put rear drums on the 115 and spend the money saved on a better quality door card and wiper blades they would cut out huge amounts of complaints. But for some reason they insist on spending money on the rear disks that you infer they don't need??? All I am hopeing is the point is taken into consideration for your won safety that's all.
Adam_013
Silver Member

Post by Adam_013 »

I see where your coming from; and completely agree with what your saying. But I'd put it down to more of a 'just -incase' thing. Likely down to VW having stricter tests for braking, and thus perhaps rear drums didn't suffice.

And really, with this extra power doesn't necessarily mean more speed. But again down to personal preference.

The braking performance wouldn't stop me from having it mapped simply because I would want it more for the drivability and added torque I don't intend to go rallying around flat out all the time, this the brakes aren't going to effect me.

Again, all personal preference.
mike sel wrote:
Adam_013 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:08 am I take back what I said, but it does in some of the ecoboosts anyway. Focus has / had rear drums and is a bigger car!

Adam, im Just raising a tiny flag that is all. I get what your saying and look if its possible to get 130 hp out of the VW TSi 1.0l then I am in big time, and I do have the 115 DSG with rear disks. The rear disks are used cause I have to clean the break dust off of the wheels every couple of weeks.

I don't know about the fiesta and focus and what ford do but I think we can all agree that IF VW thought they could get away without rear drums below the GTI then they would have done it. on here people are constantly pointing to cheep penny pinching t*t bits VW have saved a few quid on here and there and point out the huge saving that makes across all the world wide sales, well I would have thought the 115 not having rear disks would save a massive sum. so lets just keep in the back of our minds WHY would they have disks on the rear of a 115? they are not for show (cant really see them) it has to be for additional stopping power in some situations. TBH if VW put rear drums on the 115 and spend the money saved on a better quality door card and wiper blades they would cut out huge amounts of complaints. But for some reason they insist on spending money on the rear disks that you infer they don't need??? All I am hopeing is the point is taken into consideration for your won safety that's all.

DaveNI1979
New

Post by DaveNI1979 »

Adam_013 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:33 pm
DaveNI1979 wrote:Got mine done yesterday, bhp is up to 130 now. Nice to have that bit of extra power. But was wondering for insurance and stuff like that are you supposed tell them? Ive currently done 3k miles next service is 18k, great little car. 0-60 in just under 9 seconds lol.
Looking at getting mine done - also to approx 130hp. Interested to see how you get on with any clutch slippage, or anything else.. I'd assume as long as you don't drive around like a melon all the time, it'd be fine.. my previous 1.4tdi 9n3 did start to slip when that was mapped, but it was on 110k on the original clutch anyway and it was iffy before hand [emoji23]

Yeah no clutch slippage at all, very smooth through the gears still, only with more pulling power if that makes sense. Cars ready to go when needed. I dont drive flat out anyway, it mainly helps for passing more safely at 40-60 mph. They spent 2 hrs doin the remapping wasnt some amateur using a laptop. Autotune NI ballymena was place I went too.

mpg is around still around 50 btw, and thats around country roads where i live. Im glad I got it done had been thinking about it for a while.