New Polo 1.0 SEL DSG owner

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Chungster
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI SEL DSG

New Polo 1.0 SEL DSG owner

Post by Chungster »

Hi everyone

Thought I’d join up as car forums have been part of my life for the last 18 years.

Company car going back this month (A3 2.0 TDI) and today collected a 6 month old 18 plate 1.0 TSI SEL DSG in White Silver.

Giving up on a few luxuries but hey ho saving a lot of money this way vs company car tax! And I’ll own the car in a few years time [emoji2]

100 mile drive home was most surprising. Car is sooo quiet and refined and picked up speed on the motorway no probs. Really happy with it. Averaged 55mpg (the TDI was a bit better on the way to the dealer)

But so far no regrets whatsoever in getting this car, but will see how much I’ll miss the xenon headlights and heated seats. Loving the new infotainment system (makes the Audi one seem ancient!)

Cheers

Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Re: New Polo 1.0 SEL DSG owner

Post by silverhairs »

If your lights aren't up to your old xenons, "Auto Express have three up grades bulbs they recommend
Ring Xenon 130%
Ring Xenon 150%
Osram Nightbreaker Lazer

Might be worth a try. The thing with the Ring Xenon 150 their life span is greatly reduced. There is one maker who state that their 150% bulbs only last about 200 hours

I've had 130% bulbs in the Mrs Note, and they are 6 years old, and still going bright :D