Introduction : Dutch VW Polo GTI 2019

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Snowdude
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI 2019

Introduction : Dutch VW Polo GTI 2019

Post by Snowdude »

Hello VW Polo Drivers,

My Name is Ruben "Snowdude" from Holland. As I was looking in the internet for some wheels for my new Polo GTI I came along this forum.
So I thought let me introduce myself and see what people are talking about.

I've ordered my Polo GTI on 13-07-2018 and still waiting to get mine.
What did I order? It's a Limestone grey GTI.

Almost similar as the one on the picture only I've didn't took the 18 inch wheels. I'm not a fan off the design.

My "old" Polo GTI.

We are now 19 weeks further ans still waiting for my GTI.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Introduction : Dutch VW Polo GTI 2019

Post by iichel »

Van harte welkom!
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

The weather looks good in Holland.. ;)
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

The limestone grey in that picture looks the best I've seen, lighting conditions just right.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

E10
New
Drives: Audi A3 Limousine 1.4 S-line

Post by E10 »

Another Dutch member! Welcome and nice car snowdude! Now the long waiting begins..
I am in doubt between limestone grey and reef blue. What made you choose limestone over the other colours?
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Welcome. :)

I'm happy with my choice of Limestone Grey. Take a look at my pics here to see how it takes on different hues, in different lighting conditions. :)

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php? ... 45#p538251
Snowdude
New

Post by Snowdude »

E10 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:13 pm Another Dutch member! Welcome and nice car snowdude! Now the long waiting begins..
I am in doubt between limestone grey and reef blue. What made you choose limestone over the other colours?
As you know the choice of color is limited for the GTI. I've looked at the blue one butt I wasn't like yess that's my color.
I've always loved the Daytona grey from Audi and when I saw the pictures off the Limestone grey I know that's the color I want.
Snowdude
New

Post by Snowdude »

roywolfey wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:46 am Welcome. :)

I'm happy with my choice of Limestone Grey. Take a look at my pics here to see how it takes on different hues, in different lighting conditions. :)

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php? ... 45#p538251
Thanks.

:D I saw your pictures on the internet. Looks perfect. I've got the same 17 inch wheels. I'm still looking for 18 or 19 inch and also the H&R lowering springs.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Snowdude wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:09 pm
E10 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:13 pm Another Dutch member! Welcome and nice car snowdude! Now the long waiting begins..
As you know the choice of color is limited for the GTI. I've looked at the blue one butt I wasn't like yess that's my color.
I've always loved the Daytona grey from Audi and when I saw the pictures off the Limestone grey I know that's the color I want.
If it looked like Daytona Grey (Audi S-Line colour) all the time, i'd have gone for it. Are you aware that in most lights, limestone grey has a metallic beige look? In cloudy low light conditions, the Limestone grey has that mercury grey look about it but not often enough for me.

Why is the GTI colour choice so limited? Diamond Silver was THE original MK1 Golf GTI colour at launch, and they can't offer Reflex Silver now but it's available on the other Polos? Crazy.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I'm on my second flash red model. Most of the time the colour looks good but there have been times in some very bright conditions that it takes on a slight orange hue which I don't like. Tornado red looks better imo.
As we all have said why do VW limit the GTI colours?!

Snowdude
New

Post by Snowdude »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:30 pm
Snowdude wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:09 pm
If it looked like Daytona Grey (Audi S-Line colour) all the time, i'd have gone for it. Are you aware that in most lights, limestone grey has a metallic beige look? In cloudy low light conditions, the Limestone grey has that mercury grey look about it but not often enough for me.

Why is the GTI colour choice so limited? Diamond Silver was THE original MK1 Golf GTI colour at launch, and they can't offer Reflex Silver now but it's available on the other Polos? Crazy.
That's true, the limestone grey is more a mix of daytone grey and dakota grey from Audi. Sometimes grey and some with a touch off light brown. My A3 convertible is Dakota grey and I love the color. I've the brown rooftop.
Snowdude
New

Post by Snowdude »

johnpolo2 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 am I'm on my second flash red model. Most of the time the colour looks good but there have been times in some very bright conditions that it takes on a slight orange hue which I don't like. Tornado red looks better imo.
As we all have said why do VW limit the GTI colours?!

Thas a good question. The VW Up has a dark silver also for the Up GTI.
I don't know why VW has limited the choice of color for the GTI.

I'm now driving a VW Up tsi in Honey yellow. Honey yellow is a little bit lighter then Kurkama yellow from the Golf. If they had put in the Honey yellow of kurkama yellow for the GTI that would have been my choice without no doubt.
E10
New
Drives: Audi A3 Limousine 1.4 S-line

Post by E10 »

Hi snowdude, did you receive a builddate yet? Curious if NL delivery times and dealer info are as bad as in the UK.. :roll: