new A1 2.0 litre engine doesn't impress

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: new A1 2.0 litre engine doesn't impress

Post by l3rady »

RUM4MO wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:12 pm Conversely I loved the front driver's side grab handle on the previous Polo - but only as I could remove it and fit a previous model of Golf sunglasses storage bin in its place - same hole pitch! Very annoying not having a sunglasses storage bin within reach, yes I know previous Polo had it in the glove box, but that is a bit of a reach when you are driving, the similar Skoda Fabia had that as an option, but I seem to remember it made the interior monitoring sensors look like what you would see in a 1980's car, so I did not bother retro fitting one to my wife's 2015 6C Polo.
New AW0 Polos have sunglasses storage on the roof along with the center light cluster, which is nice I guess.
Last edited by l3rady on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

At last, it has taken them long enough to design a storage position where it should be!
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

RUM4MO wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:17 pm At last, it has taken them long enough to design a storage position where it should be!
Then you'll get an annoying rattle you think is coming from the dash, take the car to the dealership for a fix and look sheepish when you are told it was your glasses - or they take your trim to bits, snap a few pegs/clips along the way, put it back together (without replacing broken clips) and say they couldn't find the rattle, but now you have more from where those broken clips should fit. :D
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:38 pm Then you'll get an annoying rattle you think is coming from the dash, take the car to the dealership for a fix and look sheepish when you are told it was your glasses - or they take your trim to bits, snap a few pegs/clips along the way, put it back together (without replacing broken clips) and say they couldn't find the rattle, but now you have more from where those broken clips should fit. :D
My A3 sportback had an annoying rattle that seemed to eminated from the dashboard.
Went in a few times, they couldn't trace it.
Tearing my hair out, I insisted a mechanic came for a test drive with me.
The guy was some kind of rainman genius, he just lightly pressed his finger against the handbrake release button....end of rattle.
The bloody handbrake! Nowhere near the dash! but it sure as hell sounded like it.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:38 pm
RUM4MO wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:17 pm At last, it has taken them long enough to design a storage position where it should be!
Then you'll get an annoying rattle you think is coming from the dash, take the car to the dealership for a fix and look sheepish when you are told it was your glasses - or they take your trim to bits, snap a few pegs/clips along the way, put it back together (without replacing broken clips) and say they couldn't find the rattle, but now you have more from where those broken clips should fit. :D
Luckily for me my Audi S4 does not get handed in for issues, too much trouble, but, yes, I had an annoying rattle in the S4, eventually it only happened when it was not sunny, yes, you've guessed what the problem was! Now I need to take my sunglasses out of the holder, then remove their sleeve that I need to store them in to keep them from rattling. I need to experiment with some black baise and padded double sided sticky stuff - like I used to use to line the ashtrays in previous cars when I kept parking change in there!