Armrest

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Armrest

Post by Adam_013 »

Hello all,

I had a cheapo armrest fitted to my old 9n3 and now don't have one in the my new beats.

TPS quoted me around £320 for a genuine armrest and surround trim, which I hope to be getting within the next few weeks. I'm told from the TPS bloke that the rear cubby hole behind the handbrake pops out to reveal two studs for the armrest to fit to.

Anyone else fitted one?

... Armster do one, but not in the 'off-white' colour of the beats.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Adam_013
Silver Member

Re: Armrest

Post by Adam_013 »

Well, supplied and fitted it today - cost £331.83 from TPS, with the securing clips.

Easy to fit, rear plastic tray pops out to reveal two studs. The side of the centre console has two tabs with pop out to reveal two holes to screw bolts into the armrest.

Can get some pictures if you want some.

Only slip up is they've supplied the rear trim for the MY19 polo so I have a blank slot where the USB ports would be... But sorting that!

roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Adam_013 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:56 pm Well, supplied and fitted it today - cost £331.83 from TPS, with the securing clips.

Easy to fit, rear plastic tray pops out to reveal two studs. The side of the centre console has two tabs with pop out to reveal two holes to screw bolts into the armrest.

Only slip up is they've supplied the rear trim for the MY19 polo so I have a blank slot where the USB ports would be... But sorting that!

An opportunity to upgrade to have USB ports too?
Adam_013
Silver Member

Post by Adam_013 »

roywolfey wrote:
Adam_013 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:56 pm Well, supplied and fitted it today - cost £331.83 from TPS, with the securing clips.

Possibly, however the wiring is not there... I'm sure could be fitted.

roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Adam_013 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:55 pm
roywolfey wrote:

Possibly, however the wiring is not there... I'm sure could be fitted.
It would be interesting to understand how straightforward it would be to retrofit the rear USB ports and what parts would be required.