Start/Stop Issues 'vehicle power consumption high'

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Start/Stop Issues 'vehicle power consumption high'

Post by monkeyhanger »

Simmo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 pm This is the first car I've owned with the start/stop function.

It seems to work perfectly well, whether the engine temperature is cold or hot. Not noticed it cutting out before coming to a stop like some have but I am trying to remember to switch it off before driving off after starting engine for the first time.

It would be beneficially to have a setting to permanently switch it off as it doesn't benefit my driving in anyway whatsoever. Aircon tends to power down when engine auto stop is engaged and I'm convinced this system is bad for the battery and starter motor, let alone wear and tear on cold start/stops.
Aircon will always power down when stop-start kicks in. The system will engage recirculation only to retain that colder air.

Manufacturers have put in more robust starter motors and batteries designed for stop-start systems. The first cold start is the one with measurable engine wear - the one with no oil circulation. After that, even if the engine isn't warmed through, wear will be minimal with stop-start restarts, as there will be oil between the moving parts.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:45 am as there will be oil between the moving parts.
Suuure that 0w20 which flow like water even when it is cold will be there.
giannis159
Getting There!
Drives: polo aw Rline 1.0 115ps

Post by giannis159 »

I have the same issue 2 days now any solutions?

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk