Oops, car going in for repair.

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Oops, car going in for repair.

Post by Andy Beats »

Leif wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:58 pm But I would not have been comfortable with not informing insurers.
insurers are their own worst enemies, there's a chance they will load your insurance as well as hers, you know.
Their reasoning being that if you're involved in an accident, even if it's not your fault, you are more likely to be involved in one that is your fault. :roll:
I know, it's mad, but it's fact. :?
if both parties can get it sorted without insurance involvement at all, no-one's any the wiser and no excuse for the insurance company to be twats.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

It’s not mad at all. If you have a no fault accident, it may be because you drive through risky areas or at risky times. So statistically it makes sense. As for trusting a stranger, rather you than me.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Leif wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:58 pm But I would not have been comfortable with not informing insurers.
insurers are their own worst enemies, there's a chance they will load your insurance as well as hers, you know.
Their reasoning being that if you're involved in an accident, even if it's not your fault, you are more likely to be involved in one that is your fault. :roll:
I know, it's mad, but it's fact. :?
if both parties can get it sorted without insurance involvement at all, no-one's any the wiser and no excuse for the insurance company to be twats.
It is apparently fact that you're more likely to be involved in another accident if you've been recently bumped, or they believe it enough to actually load your insurance. I've had 3 non fault bumps close to renewal time and seen about 10% lumped on to my renewal vs not having had the bump. That loading has disappeared on next renewal. Only my most recent insurer "quote me happy" have not done this after a non fault bump.

I would not trust a stranger to settle up in cash for a bump that was their fault. The last few accidents I had the other party have played silly buggers and maintained a wall of silence with their own insurance company when I've reported the incident.