Brake Clunk when coming to a complete stop

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
VWPOL0GTL
New
Drives: GTI

Brake Clunk when coming to a complete stop

Post by VWPOL0GTL »

Had my Polo GTI 2019 for a week now and only travelled 150km so far, and I notice my brakes makes a clunking sound when my car comes to a complete stop when I brake. The clunk sound subsides and eventually dissapears after 15-20 minutes of driving. I called up the VW service dealership and they said it was normal for some cars, especially new cars who have been in the car docks for awhile. I read the brake clunking sound is a common issue for prev gen Polos when reversing, but has anyone else faced this issue when travelling forward, or have any idea what’s wrong?
Garjen
New
Drives: 2018 beats

Re: Brake Clunk when coming to a complete stop

Post by Garjen »

Yep same issue , sound is rather loud and embarrassing. Dealer has said on 3 occasions it's normal. How it's normal on a new car is beyond me! But I'm living with the clonk now.
VWPOL0GTL
New
Drives: GTI

Re: Brake Clunk when coming to a complete stop

Post by VWPOL0GTL »

Yeah same here, it’s especially loud when driving the car for the first 10 minute s of the day, called up two different dealerships and got told it’s normal. Might bring the car in to have diagnostics run on it. Let me know if you manage to get this issue diagnosed. Pretty frustrating for a new car to have this issue.