Today I am driving ... a Citroen C3

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: Today I am driving ... a Citroen C3

Post by Leif »

They are delivering the fixed car in 20 minutes from now. I insisted this was done in daylight so I could inspect the repairs and paintwork. I don't doubt the bumps are gone, but I do worry about paint matching, and differential paint fade over the years if the paint is a different formulation from the original, though I'm not sure silver fades in the same way that colours such as red can. Still not heard if the other insurer is playing difficult.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Leif wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:24 pm They are delivering the fixed car in 20 minutes from now. I insisted this was done in daylight so I could inspect the repairs and paintwork. I don't doubt the bumps are gone, but I do worry about paint matching, and differential paint fade over the years if the paint is a different formulation from the original, though I'm not sure silver fades in the same way that colours such as red can. Still not heard if the other insurer is playing difficult.
Good luck; hope the repair’s up to factory standard and the paint colour and finish is a 100% match to the original paint.
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:45 pm
Leif wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:24 pm They are delivering the fixed car in 20 minutes from now. I insisted this was done in daylight so I could inspect the repairs and paintwork. I don't doubt the bumps are gone, but I do worry about paint matching, and differential paint fade over the years if the paint is a different formulation from the original, though I'm not sure silver fades in the same way that colours such as red can. Still not heard if the other insurer is playing difficult.
Good luck; hope the repair’s up to factory standard and the paint colour and finish is a 100% match to the original paint.
Thanks. It does look nice, absolutely no obvious sign of damage, perfect paint colour, just a few light scratches in the lacquer on the near side from hedges that I acquired before. I did miss the wee machine.

Added 7:30pm: Drove home from work 25 miles and the Polo is quiet, smooth, comfortable, refined, easy to drive, intuitive logical controls, bliss. 8)